Used 1993 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Great SUV
By tyler

1993 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this new in 1993 and has been agreat reliable car. I would recommendthis to anyone. The 4wd system is thebest I have ever driven. It has been anice roomy family car as well.

The back storage is larger then any SUVI have seen. Back seat is comfortable aswell as the front.

The only improvement would be to makethe drivers seat a little higher. Otherthen that, this is a great SUV.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Rodeo fan

1993 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV 4WD

After ten years of ownership, I still look forward to driving my Rodeo. It still runs great and looks like new. I used the 4WD on many occasions in the NM desert and mountains and it peformed very well. I had only a couple problems early on, but warranty took care of them. It performs well on the highway, I like the high seating position and great visibility. I wish everything worked as reliably as my Isuzu. I have seen nothing on the market that would tempt me to trade it off.

Comfortable, form-fitting seats. Strong throttle tip-in. Plush upholstery for a SUV. Lots of cargo capacity.

Relocate radio control higher on the stack. Add cup holders.

autophile
By auto01phile

1993 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4dr SUV

I love this truck. It is fun to drive- not truck-like and is just the right size.

power; style; engine; handling

Best vehicle I've ever had!
By Boethius

1993 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle new. So far I've only had to replace the clutch in over 180,000 miles. Besides the usual (tuneups, brakes, etc.)it has performed flawlessly. I've had it in places that are like the surface of the moon with out incident. Very reliable and tough.

Reliability, tough four wheeler.

Bumpers peeled when relatively new.

I Love my Rodeo
By DjM

1993 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Rodeo new in 1993 and have 200,000 miles on her. She has run like a dream with only one new clutch and routine maintenance. The large cargo area with a drop-down rear allow hauling I never thought I could do without a pickup truck. One drawback is the 1993 model seemed to have terrible paint jobs. Every '93 Rodeo has the paint worn away on the hood and roof.

My favorite feature is the drop down back for hauling large items. They should all be made that way. 5-speed stick.

I've read the new Rodeos don't have the drop-down back end. I wanted to buy a new Rodeo, but this design change is causing me to have second thoughts. Also, it's difficult finding the 5- speeds and they aren't made in the LS model.