1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
AMPHIBIOUS MACHINE
By nikolio on 01/05/10 15:19 PM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Rodeo for 8 years, it has 192,000 miles on it. My dad wanted me to get rid of it a long time ago and buy something more economical, but I decided I would drive it into the ground, and I'm having a hard time killing it! So far I've replaced the alternator twice in it; it's in a tricky location near the bottom of the engine block so it gets gooked up with anything that drips on it from above. There have been other minor fixes that can be expected for a 17 year old car, but seeing as I originally paid $5,000 for it, it has been an unbelievable value, and I'm glad I didn't take my dad's advice because I have had so much fun in it over the years.

1993 Rodeo LS 4WD still running strong
By John on 08/04/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 93 Rodeo LS 4WD in 95 with 70,000 miles on it. It now has 199,930 miles on it (as of 8-4-09). I've maintained it faithfully and other than normal wear and tear repairs (rubber hose, brakes, etc) I have not had any major repairs needed on it. I upgraded the suspension with CALMINI offroad 3" lift about 11 years ago, and even with the added stress on the driveline from the modified suspension, it still runs like a champ. Now, I use it mostly for off-roading and it has impressed other offroaders who were amazed that I was able to keep up with them on some of the more challenging trails. The body style is still attractive and it's perfect sized SUV, not too small, not too big.

Solid
By takehikes on 06/21/09 15:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV

Bought new, changed out a couple alternators and finally at 205k blew a head gasket other than that only regular maintenance. Don't sell the 2.6 liter 4 cylinder short, she runs forever.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By irishman on 09/24/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV

I have had this car for 9 years and will continue to drive it until the wheels fall off, and that may be another nine years. I just use it to commute to work and haul stuff around and it has required nothing but routine maintenance.

It's been good to us
By melissa on 06/19/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

We've had our car for six years. It now has 84,000 miles and still going. The maintenance hasn't been that bad; the one main was that recall that we paid for, something that was leaking on the engine. It cost us 400 dollars or so. We had the timing belt replaced and the brakes. The car rides a bit harsh and i know it's not a sports car but I wish that it wouldn't take so long to get to 25 mph. Our car is standard. Anyway we will probably keep driving it till it dies.

Great SUV
By tyler on 01/18/05 14:33 PM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this new in 1993 and has been agreat reliable car. I would recommendthis to anyone. The 4wd system is thebest I have ever driven. It has been anice roomy family car as well.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Rodeo fan on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

After ten years of ownership, I still look forward to driving my Rodeo. It still runs great and looks like new. I used the 4WD on many occasions in the NM desert and mountains and it peformed very well. I had only a couple problems early on, but warranty took care of them. It performs well on the highway, I like the high seating position and great visibility. I wish everything worked as reliably as my Isuzu. I have seen nothing on the market that would tempt me to trade it off.

autophile
By auto01phile on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

I love this truck. It is fun to drive- not truck-like and is just the right size.

Best vehicle I've ever had!
By Boethius on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle new. So far I've only had to replace the clutch in over 180,000 miles. Besides the usual (tuneups, brakes, etc.)it has performed flawlessly. I've had it in places that are like the surface of the moon with out incident. Very reliable and tough.

I Love my Rodeo
By DjM on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Rodeo new in 1993 and have 200,000 miles on her. She has run like a dream with only one new clutch and routine maintenance. The large cargo area with a drop-down rear allow hauling I never thought I could do without a pickup truck. One drawback is the 1993 model seemed to have terrible paint jobs. Every '93 Rodeo has the paint worn away on the hood and roof.