1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Best $1000 I EVER spent!
By kristen0quick on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My Rodeo never backs down whether its 100+ degree weather in the downtown gridlocked traffic, or up in the hills four-wheeling. This is by far the most fun and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned - although Ken's comment about the lug nuts is 100% accurate - I recently replaced all of my lug nuts after putting new tires on. The tire guy had to cut 3 of the studs to remove one tire. Only other thing that we had trouble with was a bad fuel injector. $65, a couple hours and one very hot parking lot later, he was up and running like the champ he is! This truck will be passed on to my kids for sure!

3rd world tested!
By florida on 05/12/09 21:41 PM (PDT)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV

let's see -4 cyl, 5 speed - drove across the US 4 times (east/west) 4 times north/south, and used as a daily vehicle from early '93-2000. Had 150k miles when moved to central america with it. Abused this perfect truck for 4 years on rock roads and pure dust. SOld it in '04 w/ over 250k miles to a friend who gave it some needed care on suspension and it is still going today! NEVER failed - can't say enough - only one flaw was the funky wheels - lugs with springs (which one tire shop in florida left off causing tires to nearly come off on highway) - getting flats in central america was no fun having to find those springs/lock washers at night in the dirt !

Best of fifteen vehicles
By TwoNames on 02/19/09 12:51 PM (PST)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Once I had it aligned with new off road tires all around, this 5 speed manual shift wagon has really been the best of all vehicles. I photograph all the time and being able to drive in deserts and snow country, lived in both all across the U.S., has been easy. I had a 1950s Land Rover 109 that was a beast compared to this Rodeo. For all around daily use, short trips and cross country it's been above the others.

I LOVED THIS TRUCK!!
By BENNELAU on 07/14/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

This was the most fun, reliable vehicle I have owned. We had it for 8 years and took it everywhere! It was very capable in 4WD! We had many a Moab, Utah trip in it. Sorry to see Isuzu discontinued them in 04!

a nice car
By good rodeo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV XS 4dr SUV

When i first bought this car i loved it and i still love it now. It is definatly one of the best SUV's of its time. Very minor problems over the years, one of them was the freeze plugs rusted but my son fixed it in his autoshop class, it only costed him $5. the engine now has 176k miles on it and it still runs like it did when i drove it off the lot.

1992 Rodeo
By bptravler on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV XS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have over 200,000 miles on this truck with almost no major repairs. At 160,000 it did finally need a new clutch. Motor is all original (minus spark plugs and oil). Never been rebuilt. Body is rust free, original paint. This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and also the longest (10 years). I wish it had a little more power but otherwise love this truck. It has never left me stranded, I have towed quite a bit with it and it always gets us home.

WATCH OUT FOR WHEEL LUGS
By Ken anderson on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV

after having my beloved Rodeo for 11 years i needed a Brake job so i took it in the dealer called me to tell me the Bolts and Lugs where coming off stripped apparently Isuzu made both out of Alummion and over time they will strip each other so when you take them off they will come off stripped ( imagine having that happen with a Flat tire on the side of the road late at night)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD
By ZeroKai on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

This is by far one the best cars I have ever owned. It has been put through everything you can imagine and it still keeps asking for more.

It's the first car I didn't get sick of
By donna serog on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

I never got tired of this caar.It drove great,and has proved to be very dependable.