Used 1992 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

1992 Isuzu Rodeo

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Best $1000 I EVER spent!
By kristen0quick

1992 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My Rodeo never backs down whether its 100+ degree weather in the downtown gridlocked traffic, or up in the hills four-wheeling. This is by far the most fun and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned - although Ken's comment about the lug nuts is 100% accurate - I recently replaced all of my lug nuts after putting new tires on. The tire guy had to cut 3 of the studs to remove one tire. Only other thing that we had trouble with was a bad fuel injector. $65, a couple hours and one very hot parking lot later, he was up and running like the champ he is! This truck will be passed on to my kids for sure!

Favorite Features

Drivability - handling, speed, comfort, etc. This truck is easier to drive than most cars, and is great off-road.

Suggested Improvements

More than 2 speeds on the wipers - super fast, and super duper fast don't cut it. Oh, and cup holders.

3rd world tested!
By florida

1992 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

let's see -4 cyl, 5 speed - drove across the US 4 times (east/west) 4 times north/south, and used as a daily vehicle from early '93-2000. Had 150k miles when moved to central america with it. Abused this perfect truck for 4 years on rock roads and pure dust. SOld it in '04 w/ over 250k miles to a friend who gave it some needed care on suspension and it is still going today! NEVER failed - can't say enough - only one flaw was the funky wheels - lugs with springs (which one tire shop in florida left off causing tires to nearly come off on highway) - getting flats in central america was no fun having to find those springs/lock washers at night in the dirt !

Favorite Features

where would i start? was in -60 winter of detroit, california desert, central american jungle with rock roads, dust etc - indestructible

Suggested Improvements

wheels with lock washers/springs - only seen them on this truck - very strange - my wife would never be able to cx a tire and know to put them back on ! dangerous without them as wheels could fall off! also bolts sheared of easily due to over torque or heavy dust and needing to remove 4 tire repai

Best of fifteen vehicles
By TwoNames

1992 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Once I had it aligned with new off road tires all around, this 5 speed manual shift wagon has really been the best of all vehicles. I photograph all the time and being able to drive in deserts and snow country, lived in both all across the U.S., has been easy. I had a 1950s Land Rover 109 that was a beast compared to this Rodeo. For all around daily use, short trips and cross country it's been above the others.

Favorite Features

4WD with standard transmission. Off road use with a clutch offers better feel of where you are and what the vehicle is doing. Second feature, the looks. Mine is an LS, gray and silver. Superb, clean design. I do not like the replacement design. Too much bulbous toy like.

Suggested Improvements

To late, of course, but I sleep a lot in it and cannot stretch out fully with the back seat down. I'm just shy of 6 feet. But my dog loves the back! There's just no pleasing everyone.

I LOVED THIS TRUCK!!
By BENNELAU

1992 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV 4WD

This was the most fun, reliable vehicle I have owned. We had it for 8 years and took it everywhere! It was very capable in 4WD! We had many a Moab, Utah trip in it. Sorry to see Isuzu discontinued them in 04!

Favorite Features

the styling

Suggested Improvements

none

a nice car
By good rodeo

1992 Isuzu Rodeo XS 4dr SUV

When i first bought this car i loved it and i still love it now. It is definatly one of the best SUV's of its time. Very minor problems over the years, one of them was the freeze plugs rusted but my son fixed it in his autoshop class, it only costed him $5. the engine now has 176k miles on it and it still runs like it did when i drove it off the lot.

Favorite Features

I have always liked the way the car looks, also i like how it didnt cost me much to maintain other then oil changes. lots of headroom, legroom

Suggested Improvements

there are no cup holders. you can buy the cupholders that plug into the ashtray slot though.