2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Consumer Review: Excellent except for gas milea

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Consumer Review

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport

S 2dr SUV (3.2L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent except for gas mileage
By Steve A on

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 02 Rodeo Sport last Jan. to replace my '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport. What a difference in foul weather. With the Jeep, as soon as the snow fell it had to go into 4WD and didn't come out until spring. With the Isuzu I've only had to use 4WD twice and that was cause I was playing around. I do miss the manual tranny of the jeep but that's about it. Otherwise I've had a few minor issues. On the way to work one day the tranny started slipping and popping. Luckily it was only a small cracked gasket which puked out all the tranny fluid. $180 and back on the road. Otherwise just the driver's side window which likes to rock forward when closing.

The winter driving button is kinda trick. Works really well for launching from the random super icy intersection instead of having to bump it into 4wd. Suspension is great. Really doesn't bounce you around like a truck normally does. Very little body roll when driving aggressively.

Gas mileage!! The best I've seen is 16 mpg. I average around 12-14 and drop as low at 8-10 in the winter. Warranty support: There are no dealers in my neck of the woods so if I need warranty work I'd have to ship it a couple hundred miles across state. Friendlier "removable" hardtop

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review