Used 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Isuzu Rodeo-sport - Consumer Reviews

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport

View reviews for a specific Rodeo Sport model:

One of the best on the road!
By JennMc

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

When I originally saw this car, I was in love, but figured the price tag (then was 24k) was beyond what I could afford. So I test drove a couple Nissans, a Honda, and a Liberty. I came back and boy, am I ever glad! This car is adorable, and everyone remarks about it. The two sunroofs are conversation starters that's for sure! There weren't a lot of them driving along around here but I've noticed more and more of them this year. I guess everyone's catching on that Isuzu builds a neat little SUV that's dependable and reliable, heck, then even give you a great waranty to back it up!

Favorite Features

I love the sunroofs, and the sound system is decent, the 6-disk CD changer is a plus, and everything is easily accessed while driving. It's got great power and takes potholes decently. I just love my little Isuzu!

Suggested Improvements

I do agree with everyone else. It feels like the gas tank has a hole in at times and I seem to be at the gas station every four days. Sometimes, the looking over my shoulder can be tricky but I've learned to adapt. Otherwise, it's a GREAT SUV and I'm very glad I didn't settle for less!

Does it get any better?
By ryanendres

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years in my 2000 Amigo, I know I made the right choice. So far I have 36k trouble free miles and I hope to see what others have with their 98-99 which is 150k+ trouble free miles. Why did I buy an Amigo? It is a rare truck since only about 10k of them are made per yr. The 10yr/120k warrenty. The ability to go anywhere. And it looks smooth

Favorite Features

Duel pop-up sunroofs gets the looks. Torquey 205 hp engine. The ability to swap the factory Hard top for the factory soft top.

Suggested Improvements

Better marketing! Isuzu needs to jump on the pick a current hot song and have some trendy 20 something rolling in it.

Power !
By Nitrox

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The V6 in the truck is awesome! I really love the response this engine has. One word, GREAT ...

Favorite Features

V6, Stereo, Sun Roofs, Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Better Rear-Viewing, try to eliminate the blind spots. Also, a lower lumbar would really be nice, and exterior temperature and compase in the rearview mirror would be a plus too.

not bad
By FRUITYPEBBLES

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The rodeo sport is nice. In winter conditions and mud it is great to have 4WD. It looks nice and the stereo system is awesome. My dog actually loves to ride in it. He likes all the windows to look out. Plus the cargo area is big enough to haul his kennel. On long road trip it could be a little more comfortable. Need lumbar support.

Favorite Features

Nice looking there is not alot of these around. It really turns heads. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The seats need lumbar support, especially on long trips. The book value dropped a good 12,000 dollars in 6 months!? What is up with that?

Great for what it is and price
By reconjack101

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I did not need avehicle for off road so I got 2 WD. I did not need room for extra passengers. In fact I took the back seat out and cut out plywood to fit and put carpet over it. If you need to use the back seat it night be ok for kids but not adults. Too hard to get in and out of. But it was just what I wanted and needed. But I would say there are not many people would use it like me. It's not a family vehicle.

Favorite Features

Lots of power, Quick Steering, Rides good for short wheel base. Easy for driver to reach controls, Looks cool,easy to wash,and easy to service

Suggested Improvements

Does not need 2 sun roofs, Need 1 with power opener. Add more glass on sides to see better, to add more strength to roof when glass is added put in a roll bar like in the back.