2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo Sport model:
Overall an "A"
By Larry B on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my Rodeo Sport for all the right reasons. I wanted the power of the V6 but better responsiveness than a sluggish larger type SUV. I feel it combines the best of both worlds.

Perfect college SUV
By Cherryl on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents wanted me to have an SUV for college because it was safer (better visibility) and had more cargo room. We looked at the competition, but the Rodeo Sport looked great and was the best value! I have used my RS for long road trips to college as well as around town, and absolutely love it. So far, no reliability problems and it still looks AWESOME! "Professional" critics knock the ride, but come on IT'S A TRUCK. Not everybody has one, so I get lots of comments from friends- good ones! It fits all my cargo easily. Did I mention that this SUV looks awesome? Overall, the RS has been practical and fun for this college gal.

Amazingly Fun and Sporty!
By CowboyBootsie on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm so glad I have this car! It's great: it's a real rough-and-tumble kind of vehicle. I'm not afraid to take it into the mountains for skiing or just to load my ocean gear and take it to the beach. It drives like a truck, so it's not wimpy like (ahem!) the CRV or the Rav4: and it doesn't have all that froo-froo stuff found in luxury SUVs (i.e. Navigator or Landcruiser) that's catered to family activity. It's a seriously fun vehicle for young, single types.

It's really a truck...
By Macario on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's not really built for luxurious SUV driving...it's really a better riding truck. Lots of power with the V6 engine and great towing capabilities. Pretty good offroad capabilities for 2WD.

Love the Rodeo Sport!
By heidiincolorado on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive! Compact yet roomy. Wish it had better gas mileage but that goes with the territory if you get a V6. Seats very comfortable. Lots of cup holders. Great value and tons of options with this car! My husband has a 1989 Isuzu Amigo with 175,000 miles and he loves his. I am very happy with this purchase and I got a fantastic deal! Isuzu will work with you.

An Amigo by any other name...
By scathma on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever like how a car looks but HATE the way it drives? That's how I feel about my Amigo/Rodeo Sport. I think the design is great, but definitely less than the sum of its parts. On paper, the car has impressive hardware but the execution is poor. The resale value is terrible! My 2000 Amigo depreciated from $22K to $12K in 20 months! The ride is harsh, atrocious 14 mpg city, rear visibility blocked by tire/rear seat headrests, seats are uncomfortable, driver legroom is tight, factory sound system poor, and rear end hops around on bumps - dangerous when it happens on curves. Whatever you call it, it's not a very good buy. I would not buy another Isuzu product.

musto gucho
By msmorphine on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really fun car to drive with the added comfort of 4x4 reliability during extreme conditons. Sharp features and easy to park with its compact size. Pretty generous warranty added as well.

Don't Waste Your Money
By karen white on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Rodeo Sport is not worth the money. The 2wd is not a good one. In bad weather conditions the rear tires will spin even when the winter button is used. This button suppose to help grip the road better when first taking off. The braking system also is not good...although it has ABS brakes. The vehicle will take off if you let up on the gas pedal without applying pressing to the accelarator.