2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo Sport model:
One of the best on the road!
By JennMc on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

When I originally saw this car, I was in love, but figured the price tag (then was 24k) was beyond what I could afford. So I test drove a couple Nissans, a Honda, and a Liberty. I came back and boy, am I ever glad! This car is adorable, and everyone remarks about it. The two sunroofs are conversation starters that's for sure! There weren't a lot of them driving along around here but I've noticed more and more of them this year. I guess everyone's catching on that Isuzu builds a neat little SUV that's dependable and reliable, heck, then even give you a great waranty to back it up!

Does it get any better?
By ryanendres on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years in my 2000 Amigo, I know I made the right choice. So far I have 36k trouble free miles and I hope to see what others have with their 98-99 which is 150k+ trouble free miles. Why did I buy an Amigo? It is a rare truck since only about 10k of them are made per yr. The 10yr/120k warrenty. The ability to go anywhere. And it looks smooth

Power !
By Nitrox on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The V6 in the truck is awesome! I really love the response this engine has. One word, GREAT ...

not bad
By FRUITYPEBBLES on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The rodeo sport is nice. In winter conditions and mud it is great to have 4WD. It looks nice and the stereo system is awesome. My dog actually loves to ride in it. He likes all the windows to look out. Plus the cargo area is big enough to haul his kennel. On long road trip it could be a little more comfortable. Need lumbar support.

Great for what it is and price
By reconjack101 on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I did not need avehicle for off road so I got 2 WD. I did not need room for extra passengers. In fact I took the back seat out and cut out plywood to fit and put carpet over it. If you need to use the back seat it night be ok for kids but not adults. Too hard to get in and out of. But it was just what I wanted and needed. But I would say there are not many people would use it like me. It's not a family vehicle.

GOOD AND CHEAP
By ALAN CHARLES on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I FOUND IT TO BE THE BEST VALUE FOR ME 25% OFF STICKER 0%FOR 6 YEARS NO FRONT MONEY

isuzu's are lemons
By ripped off on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Neither the isuzu coperation nor the dealership's were willing to accomidated the customer after you give them the check. After 50000 mi had to have a transmission replaced, even after we took it in because the tran. was slipping. They held my car hostage for 2 weeks without rental, compensation, or concern. It had the wrong spare tire cover, so we asked for the right one. Isuzu and the dealership said no. It leaks. After 60000 the ac/heat fan quit (out of warranty of course). Most of the interior plastic molding pieces broke or came off. After 50000 the cd player broke (again just out of warranty).

Jeep/SUV
By Oz on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't make up my mind between a Jeep and an SUV, so I got both. The Rodeo Sport Is a great mix between the two. It has the suspension of a jeep with the comfort of an suv. Overall I think it's a great buy. Oz

Nice look...rodeo sport
By patvette on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Soft top back window and side windows hhave to be removed to put top down...this is a pain, they are hard to put back in. Sporty look makes it look like a more expensive vehicle....nice look 6 CD changer sounds real good Gas milage stinks...city avg. 14 mpg, highway 19mpg. A little noisy, tire nosie destracting. Moon roof hard to get off and on...very heavy for a female to manage by herself and I'm not a wimpy female.

Tough, but Cute!
By Gagen on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Sport is only a week old...but I love it! Obviously, no problems yet, but I am counting on the 10/120 warranty if anything should go wrong.