2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo Sport model:
best liitle SUV ever!
By aquarianstag70 on 02/25/11 13:55 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

i got this little monster 2 1/2yrs ago with 52000miles on it and still loving it since that very day i took this out from the dealership. its really fun to drive and good looking SUV. took it for 1300miles long drive and there was never been a problem. looks a little bit deceiving 'coz size-wise its smaller, but with a 3.2 V6 engine somebody will eat my little monster's dusts. did all the maintenance by myself from oil change, air filters, sparkplugs, coolant and tire rotations and everything works perfect. the gas mileage ratio is just 18miles a gal, but who cares about it if you're loving it. i'll keep this little monster the next 3 years.

Truck based SUV
By Tommy on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this for 3 years now and I absolutely love it. In FL we have lots of summer rain storms where having a truck-based SUV comes in handy. It accelerates like no other SUV I have ever driven (Power speed button at your finger tip). The HP is amazing. The removable sunroofs are the best feature. Don't buy a girly car based SUV like a CR-V. Buy an Isuzu Rodeo Sport. I have driven my in laws CR-V several dozen times and it simply does not compare. I have have done nothing but routine maint. in 3 years of ownership.

Excellent except for gas mileage
By Steve A on 01/15/08 16:11 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 02 Rodeo Sport last Jan. to replace my '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport. What a difference in foul weather. With the Jeep, as soon as the snow fell it had to go into 4WD and didn't come out until spring. With the Isuzu I've only had to use 4WD twice and that was cause I was playing around. I do miss the manual tranny of the jeep but that's about it. Otherwise I've had a few minor issues. On the way to work one day the tranny started slipping and popping. Luckily it was only a small cracked gasket which puked out all the tranny fluid. $180 and back on the road. Otherwise just the driver's side window which likes to rock forward when closing.

Unique and innovative
By blackburndad on 10/31/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

As an automotive technician, I have to say I am still impressed by this vehicle, even after being the original owner for over 4 years. Love this truck and love Isuzu.

Sports SUV
By sports suv on 09/16/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has massive towing for its size, hard to put the trailer on with the spare. It gets great gas mileage while towing a trailer, almost as good as without. Designed to tow.

Isuzu Rodeo Sport 02
By GWise on 06/21/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good reliable little vehicle. The only mechanical/electrical problem we have experienced is a defective dashboard light dimmer switch which the dealer replaced at no cost and an fuel injection oxygen sensor. The fuel economy is not the greatest for a relatively small vehicle but its truck based construction allows greater towing capacities than similar small sport utilities. I would buy it again.

Great Small SUV
By Tonym211 on 11/20/06 11:03 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Rodeo Sport hardtop has 77k miles with no major problems. Built very well and feels solid to drive, much more so than the Wrangler I used to own. Sits up high and the two bubble windows allow a good view of cars in the blindspots. The V6 engine is strong and the 4WD is excellent, the moonroofs are fun and add natural light, the 6-speaker stereo is pretty good and all the power options still work well. Good cargo room in the back and places for stuff in the front. It's easy to clean inside, and the outside even looks good dirty. And since it's small there's a lot more room in the garage. Overall a great little SUV for on and off-road.

Great little SUV!
By NewIsuzuFan on 03/23/05 14:44 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Soft Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought one and I love it! A lot of fun to drive. Love the removable hardtop and multiple removable moon roofs. Very sporty. Has good acceleration and gets decent milage. Very fun and different from your run-of-the-mill SUV!

great car
By gordon on 02/12/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Satisfied totally; small. powerfully fast truck. Some corrosion underneath because of salt - not a big deal but irritating. Overall very good car for those who like the outdoors.

New Isuzu
By MikeP on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good solid SUV. I have had it for just over a month and it is everything I expected. It does well in traffic as well as off road. It has good power for towing small trailers and campers. My son likes the rear moonroof. The cargo space is just enough to fit al of my hunting equipment. There are only a couple of issues, I'm always at the gas pump and my right leg is always hitting the shift lever.