2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo Sport model:
Thought it would be a good SUV but....
By al2113 on 08/22/11 21:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked it at first. The first and second gear ratios are awefull. You just cant get through them without jerking the car around. Its so cheaply built. I did have fun with it, although it was way underpowered ( I thought I was gonna die going up huge hills.) But then When i was trying to switch lane (with those horrible blind spots) it took me a little too long to make sure it was clear and I ended up REAR ENDING A CAR! THEN THE CAR CAUGHT ON FIRE INSTANTLY AND INCINERATED EVERYTHING WITHIN MINUTES AS IF SOMEONE USED A FLAMETHROWER ON IT FOR 15 MINUTES STRAIGHT. I don't even know what to think of this vehicle.

Great Truck But Check Transmission!
By taylor on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Soft Top 2WD 2dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great truck for us. The only thing about this truck is the transmission oil has no dipstick. You cannot check the fluid level or color from the under the hood, the truck has to be on a lift. So when we bought it used, about 3 months later the transmission started to jerk and we took it in to get serviced. It had about 55,000 miles on it and the mechanic told us the transmission had never been serviced and needed to be replaced. Of course he was a crook so we took it someplace else. They made repairs on it that cost around $500 so we got away pretty lucky. No problems since and it has been a great car. Just make sure to get the transmission checked out before you buy used!

Best little car/truck
By sandi on 01/12/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Soft Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Super great car/truck - wider than most in this class feels like larger suv. Handles great, fun in the sun when the back comes down but you feel the safety with the front being a solid roof. Gas mileage is a downer. Blind spots are a problem. Needs a light near the ignition too. Have gone off road a few times and have had a blast. Highly recommend.

well it LOOKED good on the deal's lot
By mary on 04/14/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

i will never buy another isuzu. cd player is worthless, poor gas milage, little things (rear window wiper, door latch, etc) fall apart very easy. i was very very disappointed with the isuzu rodeo sport.

outstanding!
By suziesuzu on 01/26/07 22:33 PM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Hard Top 4WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for 90+ thousand miles and no problems except one ... seems a small gasket on the transmission was leaking fluid. No big deal and no damage incurred after driving it for a week before noticing the leak. Fun to drive. Not bad mileage, for an suv and 4wd. I've had Chevy, Ford, and Chryslers, never go back! Although a bit tight to get in the back seat, very fun to drive in the snow or the twisties on the dry.

Happy with my purchase
By ifearnopho on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a lot of fun to drive, looks great, and it has been perfectly reliable for the almost three years that I have had it. For those debating it, I definitely recommend buying the V6 engine. Changing lanes takes getting used to (the blind spots are horrendous,) and with the spare tire and rear-seat headrests where they are, reverse is worse. But those are its only drawbacks - keep them in mind when you test drive it. I've been very pleased.

Why didn't I buy it before?
By Pepe Guitarra on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased and it is a very smooth car. Rides well and feels like a million dollars. I hope the dealer provide the service it deserves. If Isuzu provides the service Toyota does, this car would become the best sold ever.

Fun - but problems too
By TnT on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive - but long trips forget it - not comfortable at all. Great for a one person vehicle but not if you have a couple of dogs too. Needs a little bit more room for luggage. Styling is great - I've already had to replace weatherstripping on rear, I think a little too soon.

Fun to drive!
By costrike on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Hard Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a blast to drive! The pickup is great and the car really handles well. The small size makes this a great car to drive in traffic.

Great Truck!
By sc owner on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 Soft Top 2WD 2dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for over two years now without a single problem. Mechanically the truck has been flawless. I have taken several long road trips and found it to be quite comfortable, and it has plenty of cargo space. Handling is not so great, but itÂ’s a truck.