1994 Isuzu Pickup Consumer Review: Best truck ever conceived.

1994 Isuzu Pickup - Consumer Review

S Regular Cab Pickup (2.6L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Best truck ever conceived.
By ceekayz0r on

1994 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've been a fanboy for many years now. I just bought my third Isuzu Pickup. I've owned a '92 and a '90, both 2wd 2.3L manual trans, and this is my first '94 V6 4x4. (this site does not have an option for the V6 3.1l, but it was indeed an option since 1988). I love these pickups!! As long as you maintain them and don't drive them into the ground, they will last forever. I've only ever done light mechanical repairs (a starter here, battery there, alternator, plugs caps rotor, etc.) and they've been the best trucks ever. The Isuzu P'up is man's REAL best friend. <3

My favorite feature has got to be the exterior styling. They just look wonderful to me, even the older ones with the straight bumper. I love these machines, inside and out, however, so it's difficult to actually find the best feature. Another great feature is that the 3.4l V6 from a '93-'95 Chevy Camaro or Pontiac Firebird is a direct drop-in replacement for the 2.6L and the 3.1L, requiring only a starter moved to the other side and a different intake. Luckily enough, these can be had from the Isuzu community already ready-to-go for cheap.

I replaced my bench with Rodeo bucket seats. Direct drop-in, and the bolt holes are already there in the floor pans, ready to accept the Rodeo seat bolts! This is really the only suggested improvement. The rest is on the driver, because I honestly don't see a need to improve on this design. But, I think if Isuzu brought their small import truck line back to America, that would be a great improvement! And also, if GM would just stay the HECK outta Isuzu's way this time, that would be great too... :)