Used 1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Isuzu Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Best truck ever conceived.
By ceekayz0r

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've been a fanboy for many years now. I just bought my third Isuzu Pickup. I've owned a '92 and a '90, both 2wd 2.3L manual trans, and this is my first '94 V6 4x4. (this site does not have an option for the V6 3.1l, but it was indeed an option since 1988). I love these pickups!! As long as you maintain them and don't drive them into the ground, they will last forever. I've only ever done light mechanical repairs (a starter here, battery there, alternator, plugs caps rotor, etc.) and they've been the best trucks ever. The Isuzu P'up is man's REAL best friend. <3

Favorite Features

My favorite feature has got to be the exterior styling. They just look wonderful to me, even the older ones with the straight bumper. I love these machines, inside and out, however, so it's difficult to actually find the best feature. Another great feature is that the 3.4l V6 from a '93-'95 Chevy Camaro or Pontiac Firebird is a direct drop-in replacement for the 2.6L and the 3.1L, requiring only a starter moved to the other side and a different intake. Luckily enough, these can be had from the Isuzu community already ready-to-go for cheap.

Suggested Improvements

I replaced my bench with Rodeo bucket seats. Direct drop-in, and the bolt holes are already there in the floor pans, ready to accept the Rodeo seat bolts! This is really the only suggested improvement. The rest is on the driver, because I honestly don't see a need to improve on this design. But, I think if Isuzu brought their small import truck line back to America, that would be a great improvement! And also, if GM would just stay the HECK outta Isuzu's way this time, that would be great too... :)

love my little truck
By ralomax1

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my Isuzu used has never fail a GAS to drive .

Favorite Features

Extremely reliable very responsive and lots of fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Well since 94 many improvments have been made all my issues are now non issues. Only draw backs are using radio not very user friendly and no cup holder.

Best Truck ever owned
By powelgw

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought new. Only problems have been alternator and water pump went bad. Don't like having to replace timing belt. Don't have to in the toyota. However has been every bit as good of truck as the toyota and has more leg and head room for me.

Favorite Features

Cheap and simple. Runs great.

Suggested Improvements

More power and timing chain not belts.

Great for the money
By Gene40

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought it new and have had maintained it. Still runs like a top. A great truck to pick up yard supplies in.

Favorite Features

mileage and reliable performance

Suggested Improvements

ride

Good Work Truck
By Bolt

1994 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

For the limited time I have had this truck, it has been at the least a reliable means of transportation. Its looks are nothing to brag about and neither is the power or comfort, but it gets me around and I don't mind getting it dirty.

Favorite Features

5-Speed Manual Trans. Fairly Good gas-mileage Reliable

Suggested Improvements

HORSE POWER CAB ROOM