Used 1990 Isuzu Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Isuzu Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1990 Isuzu Pickup

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

20 Year Love Affair
By Miko

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My step-father gave me $500 to add to my down payment when I began my new career as a firefighter.He said all men need a truck. I did my homework and choose a LS 4x4 Extended Cab Isuzu. Driven it over 175,000 miles to just about everywhere in blizzards, sand and rain. My Pops is no longer here, robbed and killed in his home in Baltimore, but me and little "ZU" are still rolling down the highway.

Favorite Features

4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Automatic Locking Hubs,Tilt Steering, 5 Speed Stick, Great Oversize tires.

Suggested Improvements

Power Windows, Bit More leg room

20 years and still going...
By 1990 Isuzu PU Fan

1990 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new in 1990 and 20 years later it's still beautiful inside and out. The only major thing that it has required was a new paint job about 10 years ago. This ol' girl has seen me and my family through some trying times and we'll never be able to trade away or sell. Next year it'll be passed down to the eldest son who loves it.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad Isuzu is no longer sold in the US...

1990 LS Isuzu Pickup 4X4
By 1990 Isuzu LS 4X4

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a very reliable pickup. Have only had to replace two hoses, which was really cheap to fix. Great in four wheel drive. This truck can go anywhere I need it to go. Fun to drive, knowing that wherever I go I'll get home in one piece. Ever since I put a three inch lift and repainted it, all my friends were jealous even though they were driving newer and bigger trucks than I was.

Favorite Features

The body style, the 4X4 capability, the gas mileage, the window wipers and lights push buttons.

Suggested Improvements

A/C, and possibly larger engine like a V6. Other than that it has been a great little pickup.

Good things come in small packages...
By SteeleHC

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I actually have a 1989 truck, not a 1990, but it's close enough. The truck can go through or over just about anything. Just today, I was driving through a gravel pit, and I found a stuck 4-wheeler, and pulled it out with the truck. I've had it for a couple years, and the only problem has been one of the clutch cylinders, but that was a $50 job to fix, so no big deal.

Favorite Features

Good power-weight ratio, really nice low end gear ratios, push button light and wiper controls.

Suggested Improvements

I know Isuzu is essentially out of this business, but this design is near perfect for my tastes, better than Ranger/B series, Tacoma, Frontier, and S-10. Someone should start building them again.

Best Little Truck in North Dakota
By Happy Gilmore

1990 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had no problems with this truck, its been thru alot in the winter storms and it was the ONLY 4wd in the parking lot at my work!!!

Favorite Features

Just a good looking looking and reliable truck.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing i can think of.