1990 Isuzu Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
20 Year Love Affair
By Miko on 06/06/10 21:45 PM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My step-father gave me $500 to add to my down payment when I began my new career as a firefighter.He said all men need a truck. I did my homework and choose a LS 4x4 Extended Cab Isuzu. Driven it over 175,000 miles to just about everywhere in blizzards, sand and rain. My Pops is no longer here, robbed and killed in his home in Baltimore, but me and little "ZU" are still rolling down the highway.

20 years and still going...
By 1990 Isuzu PU Fan on 12/10/09 17:39 PM (PST)

1990 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new in 1990 and 20 years later it's still beautiful inside and out. The only major thing that it has required was a new paint job about 10 years ago. This ol' girl has seen me and my family through some trying times and we'll never be able to trade away or sell. Next year it'll be passed down to the eldest son who loves it.

1990 LS Isuzu Pickup 4X4
By 1990 Isuzu LS 4X4 on 09/13/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a very reliable pickup. Have only had to replace two hoses, which was really cheap to fix. Great in four wheel drive. This truck can go anywhere I need it to go. Fun to drive, knowing that wherever I go I'll get home in one piece. Ever since I put a three inch lift and repainted it, all my friends were jealous even though they were driving newer and bigger trucks than I was.

Good things come in small packages...
By SteeleHC on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Pickup LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I actually have a 1989 truck, not a 1990, but it's close enough. The truck can go through or over just about anything. Just today, I was driving through a gravel pit, and I found a stuck 4-wheeler, and pulled it out with the truck. I've had it for a couple years, and the only problem has been one of the clutch cylinders, but that was a $50 job to fix, so no big deal.

Best Little Truck in North Dakota
By Happy Gilmore on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had no problems with this truck, its been thru alot in the winter storms and it was the ONLY 4wd in the parking lot at my work!!!

The good the bad the ugly
By ntec27 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Isuzu Pickup XS 2dr Extended Cab SB

my isuzu pickup ? . Bought it used with 210 kms. 10 k later blown head gasket and minor electrical problems. other than that it's a great truck just get used to all your friends asking you to pick up or move stuff for them .I have the 5spd extended cab so it makes this truck alot more functional and makes you feel like your truck is for real .Don't get the auto if you can find a 5spd model IMO. Anything you can think of can fit into the long truck bed.This truck is very simple in design so repairs are simple .Don't go to the dealer if you don't have to GM has the parts prices very high for a 13 year old truck.

Isuzu 1 ton review
By Roman on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Pickup S One Ton 2dr Regular Cab LB

Have had only one major problem - the onboard computer for the fuel injection went out, and it is quite expensive to replace.