Used 2006 Isuzu i-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Isuzu I-series - Consumer Reviews

2006 Isuzu i-Series

View reviews for a specific i-Series model:

Most Helpful|
Met Expectations
By Cedar

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same parts as Colorado or Canyon. I added wheel guards and running board to keep the sheet metal from vibrating. Replaced front tires due to wear, wheel were out or alignment. After 18k it is still going. Difficulty finding local service.

Favorite Features

Color is nice, and drives good in rain. Good headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Need more support from dealer for service and preparation.

Versatile Vehicle
By Striper John

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Leather package is good when driving clients. Tonneau cover gives me 2 more mpg on highway at 24 mpg. Great on the beach when fishing but the clients never know that my fishing gear is under the rear cover. Side step accessories is a must with the chrome & black. Classy, sporty, rugged, gas saving is great with the 5 cylinder. Best buy around with the 7 year 75,000 warranty. You can't get that with the GMC Canyon or the Chevy Colorado. I have a 2000 Trooper that's still running great with 89k miles. It pays to research. Thanks.

Favorite Features

Roomy for clients in the rear crew seats. Storage for fishing gear. Nice torque on the beach. Lock feature on tailgate with tonneau cover for security.

Suggested Improvements

Mid size truck can fit in my garage so...I miss my built-in garage door opener.

Nice Try, Keep Working
By OldsBoi

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

At first it was awesome. but the seat belt receiver broke, the windows and power locks have been skitso recently. Looks awesome with LED tail lights. My friends really like it, but it's not my thing. I have grown up in Isuzus and this was disappointing. I have grown up in Troopers, Rodeos, VehiCross, Amigo, Hombre, Axiom, and various others. Those were good Isuzus. I'm sad for this... my grandpa has the 2x4 and his has no problems, dad said it was just mine. And the battery has died 3 days in a row now. Mine has almost 23,000 miles now

Favorite Features

4 doors

Suggested Improvements

Quality. GM is not good anymore. my 1988 Oldsmobile has fewer problems and is 20 years old.

Good solid little truck
By Dean

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I had to get rid of my Suburban as I was usually the only one in it and it got terrible mileage. I wanted to get away from GM all together. This truck is built by GM and is a solid little truck. Took it off road a couple of times and found it to be pretty fun. It has a lot of extra features standard. My big complaint is the gas mileage, but after reading a few reviews, am hoping it gets better after a few thousand miles.

Favorite Features

Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and power. This truck really should have a V-6

superb truck
By isusu i3500

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The performance and quality of this midsize truck is outstanding. I have had many compliments and head turns while driving this truck. I have had this in fields and a few snow storms and haven't barely spun a wheel. The engine of this 5 cylinder has been better than a 6 cylinder. I would recommend this vehicle over many other brands; it is well worth the money spent for excellent workmanship and the paint quality is awesome.

Favorite Features

The engine pull and torque. I like the interior as well as the exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The ability to add more truck capacity and a better quality of noise reduction from the road noise.