Used 2006 Isuzu i-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Isuzu I-series - Consumer Reviews

2006 Isuzu i-Series

View reviews for a specific i-Series model:

A Colorado, only better warranty
By BlackIsuzu06

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have two Mercedes, but looking for a small "run-around" truck, shopped used for 2 months. This is the best deal going and a great warranty to boot! We enjoy the truck, my wife especially enjoys riding in it. I like the 5 speed stick and small size.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, good looks, great fuel economy, 6 foot bed and decent ride.

Suggested Improvements

I have manual locks, no key hole on passenger side! No body side molding. Dealer attention is poor.

Great truck, great price...
By RED

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the days of struggling car makers and a struggling middle class it is hard to find an automobile that is reasonably priced, yet high quality. Isuzu has done well with their launch of the I series. Yes the interior quality lacks and the performance isn't up to par, but gas mileage is great and the cab is spacious. My i280 didn't come with keyless entry or a car alarm; however, theft is easily deterred with the utilization on GM's passlock system and I'm getting used to using my key to open the door. All in all it is worth the price. At less than $17,000 (not including trade) it is highly recommended. I am highly pleased with this truck. Advice? See it for yourself.

Favorite Features

Smooth riding suspension, CD/MP3 player, cruise control. I love the rear opening doors for the extended cab.

Suggested Improvements

Make reclining driver and passenger seats standard, left foot rest on the drivers side, move the cruise control to the steering wheel instead of the turning signal lever and a bit more room in the rear of the cab.

Truck Fever
By REA

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I "had" to have a small truck (extra vehicle), but prices for used Rangers or S-10/Colorados were in the $12K to 14K range. Bought this beauty (it's actually a Colorado) for under $14,000 with a 7 year power train and 36 month/50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Great deal for me!

Favorite Features

It has everything I wanted in a truck except outside thermometer and compass. Especially like the half-sized rear doors. Mileage (in the mid 20s) is great for a 175 hp 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a keyhole on the passenger side door, key only works on drivers side?

Versatile Vehicle
By Striper John

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Leather package is good when driving clients. Tonneau cover gives me 2 more mpg on highway at 24 mpg. Great on the beach when fishing but the clients never know that my fishing gear is under the rear cover. Side step accessories is a must with the chrome & black. Classy, sporty, rugged, gas saving is great with the 5 cylinder. Best buy around with the 7 year 75,000 warranty. You can't get that with the GMC Canyon or the Chevy Colorado. I have a 2000 Trooper that's still running great with 89k miles. It pays to research. Thanks.

Favorite Features

Roomy for clients in the rear crew seats. Storage for fishing gear. Nice torque on the beach. Lock feature on tailgate with tonneau cover for security.

Suggested Improvements

Mid size truck can fit in my garage so...I miss my built-in garage door opener.

I-280 base model
By bishopcharles

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

4 cylinder has surprising power in 5th gear at 70+mph for passing. I think this is due to the fact that this engine gets to its torque maximum at 2800 RPM; other 4 cylinders don't reach peak torque until you wind up the engine to 4500 to 5000. I drove it up very steep gravel roads in ice and snow and even though it is 2WD it had good traction. Best truck for the price.

Favorite Features

I like the handling at high speeds, bench seat, good visibility and heavy duty vinyl floor. Cab is very roomy.