2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific i-Series model:
An example of failed marketing
By wolfman on 07/12/09 00:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck at a used lot in Pittsburgh, TX. with 77k on the odometer. It needed a bit of work to address the previous owner's neglect, but has otherwise been a stellar performer. Most people whine incessantly about the "chintzy" interior. To them, I say go buy a car. I want my truck to hold up to getting dirty, and don't want crud to get embedded in soft squishy plastic. I seriously believe that these trucks never caught on as GM and Isuzu spent nothing to advertise them. How can people know that there is a good truck out there if they never heard of it? As it is a Colorado with a different grille, I just stop by my local Chevy dealership for service.

Met Expectations
By Cedar on 12/14/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same parts as Colorado or Canyon. I added wheel guards and running board to keep the sheet metal from vibrating. Replaced front tires due to wear, wheel were out or alignment. After 18k it is still going. Difficulty finding local service.

One year review
By nc guy on 07/15/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Nice truck, 15k miles of totally problem free driving, guess I can't complain. 25+ MPG, (one trip I got 30). It tows my Harley and open trailer pretty good. I have to drop it into 4th gear quite often while towing approx. 1,500 lbs on the highway. I am glad I chose this truck. It's a clone of the Colorado/Canyon and a better deal than a Colorado or Canyon. Much better price than Toyota. If you are looking for a truck, do yourself a favor and check out one of these!

A Colorado, only better warranty
By BlackIsuzu06 on 06/25/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have two Mercedes, but looking for a small "run-around" truck, shopped used for 2 months. This is the best deal going and a great warranty to boot! We enjoy the truck, my wife especially enjoys riding in it. I like the 5 speed stick and small size.

Great truck, great price...
By RED on 06/16/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the days of struggling car makers and a struggling middle class it is hard to find an automobile that is reasonably priced, yet high quality. Isuzu has done well with their launch of the I series. Yes the interior quality lacks and the performance isn't up to par, but gas mileage is great and the cab is spacious. My i280 didn't come with keyless entry or a car alarm; however, theft is easily deterred with the utilization on GM's passlock system and I'm getting used to using my key to open the door. All in all it is worth the price. At less than $17,000 (not including trade) it is highly recommended. I am highly pleased with this truck. Advice? See it for yourself.

Truck Fever
By REA on 05/17/06 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I "had" to have a small truck (extra vehicle), but prices for used Rangers or S-10/Colorados were in the $12K to 14K range. Bought this beauty (it's actually a Colorado) for under $14,000 with a 7 year power train and 36 month/50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Great deal for me!

I-280 base model
By bishopcharles on 03/25/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

4 cylinder has surprising power in 5th gear at 70+mph for passing. I think this is due to the fact that this engine gets to its torque maximum at 2800 RPM; other 4 cylinders don't reach peak torque until you wind up the engine to 4500 to 5000. I drove it up very steep gravel roads in ice and snow and even though it is 2WD it had good traction. Best truck for the price.

so far, so good
By Frank on 03/21/06 20:04 PM (PST)

2006 Isuzu i-Series Extended Cab i-280 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck on the 24th of February. On March 10th I loaded it with about 700-800 lbs. of laminate flooring and drove from Fla. to NY. I was very pleased with the handling and the 25+ M.P.G. Although I only have about 2000 miles on it, I am very happy with this truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.