Used 2006 Isuzu i-Series Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Isuzu i-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific i-Series model:

An example of failed marketing
By wolfman

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck at a used lot in Pittsburgh, TX. with 77k on the odometer. It needed a bit of work to address the previous owner's neglect, but has otherwise been a stellar performer. Most people whine incessantly about the "chintzy" interior. To them, I say go buy a car. I want my truck to hold up to getting dirty, and don't want crud to get embedded in soft squishy plastic. I seriously believe that these trucks never caught on as GM and Isuzu spent nothing to advertise them. How can people know that there is a good truck out there if they never heard of it? As it is a Colorado with a different grille, I just stop by my local Chevy dealership for service.

Auto headlights, cruise control, fuel mileage similar to the S10 it replaced. Rear doors for extended cab.

3.43 axle too tall for engine. Look for 3.73 axle if possible. Atlas engines needed better low end torque across the board if they are going to be saddled with that axle. GM should have fixed the HVAC fan switch problem common in their products long ago. Mine was bad at purchase.

Nice Try, Keep Working
By OldsBoi

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

At first it was awesome. but the seat belt receiver broke, the windows and power locks have been skitso recently. Looks awesome with LED tail lights. My friends really like it, but it's not my thing. I have grown up in Isuzus and this was disappointing. I have grown up in Troopers, Rodeos, VehiCross, Amigo, Hombre, Axiom, and various others. Those were good Isuzus. I'm sad for this... my grandpa has the 2x4 and his has no problems, dad said it was just mine. And the battery has died 3 days in a row now. Mine has almost 23,000 miles now

4 doors

Quality. GM is not good anymore. my 1988 Oldsmobile has fewer problems and is 20 years old.

Met Expectations
By Cedar

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same parts as Colorado or Canyon. I added wheel guards and running board to keep the sheet metal from vibrating. Replaced front tires due to wear, wheel were out or alignment. After 18k it is still going. Difficulty finding local service.

Color is nice, and drives good in rain. Good headlights.

Need more support from dealer for service and preparation.

One year review
By nc guy

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-280 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Nice truck, 15k miles of totally problem free driving, guess I can't complain. 25+ MPG, (one trip I got 30). It tows my Harley and open trailer pretty good. I have to drop it into 4th gear quite often while towing approx. 1,500 lbs on the highway. I am glad I chose this truck. It's a clone of the Colorado/Canyon and a better deal than a Colorado or Canyon. Much better price than Toyota. If you are looking for a truck, do yourself a favor and check out one of these!

Automatic headlights, good gas mileage, roomy cab, styling, and a good ride. There is nothing too fancy. Just a simple, basic, rugged, well designed, reasonably comfortable, reliable truck.

This truck is sold world wide as an Isuzu D-Max. It has a 3.0 liter inter- cooled turbo diesel. Offer this diesel as an option in the US!!!Put a darn key hole on the passenger door. You shouldn't have to buy the package with power locks and windows to get it.

Good solid little truck
By Dean

2006 Isuzu i-Series i-350 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I had to get rid of my Suburban as I was usually the only one in it and it got terrible mileage. I wanted to get away from GM all together. This truck is built by GM and is a solid little truck. Took it off road a couple of times and found it to be pretty fun. It has a lot of extra features standard. My big complaint is the gas mileage, but after reading a few reviews, am hoping it gets better after a few thousand miles.

Styling.