Used 1998 Isuzu Hombre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Isuzu Hombre - Consumer Reviews

1998 Isuzu Hombre

View reviews for a specific Hombre model:

Many Miles
By James Eley

1998 Isuzu Hombre XS V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I use it daily on a very large Postal Rural Route. Today, took it down for a transmission problem. Could be the fan clutch the mechanic told me. Placed 193,800+ miles on this great little 4.3 V6. It has always had plenty of power, the truck is fast for the small power plant. Servicing through the years (I bought it brand new); all problems were out of my pocket, even when NEW! Replaced the timing gear once when it jumped time (one notch on the gear); been running ever since. I replaced the transmission at around 130,000 +. No problems until recently when it had a leak from manifold fixed. Happy with Truck, NOT with Dealership.

Favorite Features

The power! Has the 4.3 Vortec V6 under the hood.

Suggested Improvements

Interior parts easily broken, too much plastic! Hard to look over the seats to check on autos behind me.

I Love My Hombre
By wolvesdaddy

1998 Isuzu Hombre XS 2dr Regular Cab SB

After over 3 years, I love This truck.I have had a few minor problems, but Isuzu always fixed everything under warranty.This is my second Isuzu truck, and I keep going back to Isuzu due to the warranty that is offered.

Favorite Features

The dependability.It ALWAYS takes me where I want to go......And ALWAYS brings me back home.What more could I ask for in A vehicle?

Isuzzu hombre
By Proud_toown_an_Isuzu

1998 Isuzu Hombre S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice truck I drive daily to work and play.

Favorite Features

Nice roomy cab. Controls are easy to reach and functional. Headlights automatically adjust as daylight turns to darkness. Best of all there are no mechanical ills to deal with. I can just drive it.

Suggested Improvements

A well designed truck that needs very little improvements. Please not that a passenger cubholder is missing. Why can't my passenger drink coffee? :)

m truck
By sarkasian

1998 Isuzu Hombre S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Is a real good small truck. I have no problems with and gets good gas mileage. Fun to drive, easy to park, good gas mileage and no mechanical problems since I purchased my Isuzu. I put on a lot of miles and never have problems.

Favorite Features

I like my driving position and feel quite comfortabe even during long drives. Bench sits are nice and comfortable. Good size cabin, driver and passenger air bags, four wheel ABS, 5spd, nice stereo, and lots of fun.

Suggested Improvements

I like the 4 cyl becaue I get so good gas mileage. I would like to see more hp in the newer S-10s and Sedomas, Isuzu doesn't make Hombre anymore. I don't really want to sacrafice fuel economy for a few more hps. I do a lot of driving.

Good value - same as chevy S-10
By wowski

1998 Isuzu Hombre S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this Hombre since it was new. Have only experienced a few problems. The front idler arm and pitman arm needed to be replaced and there was a small oil leak. It has plenty of power thanks to the V6. Also noteworthy is the addition of 4 wheel disc bakes. This is a terrific vehicle.