1997 Isuzu Hombre Consumer Review: 160,000 miles and still runnin

1997 Isuzu Hombre - Consumer Review

S Regular Cab Pickup (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

160,000 miles and still running
By kcbh on

1997 Isuzu Hombre S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Lowered it 3" ft and bk and put on 17" rims/tires, it corners solidly. Truck is sliver with dark windows with retro wheels.I removed the rear bumper and applied a spray on bed liner. The 5 speed transmission still works good and the engine (2.2) runs fine but lifters clatter a bit. Constant 25-28 mpg. I've driven the truck for 152k miles and haven't ran into any more problems than you would any other cheap truck. AC compressor, heater core, ft end parts and a new radiator this year. Plus the normal maintenance parts. I'll spend a few hundred dollars a year to fix anything that goes wrong and have complete confidence that it will take me anywhere I only spent $3800 when it only had 8k miles.

It's lowered to the ground so the factory fender flairs work well with the look. Isuzu did this body change to distinguish itself from the Sonoma.

It was just a cheap truck when it was new so I didn't expect much. At 160k miles it has done what it was sold to do. I guess if I wanted more I would have, which was $3800 on a 4 year truck with 8k miles on it. \