2004 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:
As reliable as the sun
By mike696 on 06/27/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this truck for nearly 10 years and put over 150k miles on it. Was great for helping move my friends drum kit, hauling a tent trailer up a mountain, and going off-road. The Axiom has great power and control. Was more fun to drive than a V6 Altima. Can't even imagine replacing this with anything else.

Excellent
By ricrado on 07/17/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am 5'6" and 167 lb for me this is the best car ever, the only thing I don't like too much is that jumps to much when go in to a bump or something like it. I make a trip of 210 miles and I only use 13 gallons of gas = 21 mpg hwy city 16

Edmunds too tough, I like it!
By jeff on 12/13/09 21:38 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Axiom S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this '04 Axiom used with 48,000 miles. The seats are low compared to a Suzuki Grand Vitara it replaced but I got used to it. This vehicle flies! Power is fantastic, gas mileage is 13 mpg. Looks alone are a home run. I personally like the dash but does have a lot to it. You just have to get used to it. My only complaint would be the rubber stripping around the doors it seems to move or come out of its fasteners and not fit as well as I'm sure as when it was new. I have had it 4 months or so and really like it.

I love this AXIOM XS!
By LittleMissScubaLady on 04/18/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2004 Isuzu Axiom XS and...I really...really LOVE this vehicle!!!! It is perfect for long trips... It does well on mountain roads...and it rides like a dream on the Florida Flatlands...LOL!!!! It is a sexy little ride for a 4X4! It handles well...and looks fabulous!!!!! I went from driving a sports car, to driving this cute little SUV...and I COMPLETELY LOVE IT!!!! The Axiom has a sports car appearance, yet works like a truck, and handles like the best of the more expensive SUV's! I am not sure why some wrote bad reviews for this SUV... in my opinion it is an absolutely awesome SUV!!!!! The MPG is running around 20 in town, and 22 on HWY. I am very, very happy with it!!!!!

My axiom
By angela L on 04/17/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my axiom used a year ago and I am loving it. But, there is one problem, my radio does not work but I can still play cd's, not sure what that's all about. Overall I wouldn't trade it.

A cool SUV
By Donna on 01/14/09 08:17 AM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Axiom S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new. It is the 2nd Isuzu I've owned. I really love it. Its styling is my favorite thing. I never have had any issues with it. But I do wish it was a little better on gas.

D.O.A. 2004 Axiom
By Abbey on 08/25/07 21:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We previously owned an Isuzu Rodeo which we had almost 300,000 miles when we sold it. It was still running great so we decided to purchase another Isuzu. The Axioms were being discontinued so we got a bargain on it. The car now has 71,000 miles on it and has been in for repair twice within the last six months for the same problem. No warning lights come on, but the engine starts to make a strange noise and stops. Both times the vehicle was almost completely out of oil with no warning whatsoever. It shows no signs of leaking underneath and is not exhausting black smoke. The dealers have been vague in diagnosing the problem. I believe the car is cursed and has been a lemon all along.

Great SUV Option
By agrizzaffi on 07/11/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really wish we hadn't traded in our Axiom. We purchased it used in 11/05 as a cash car to replace a beater that had just puttered out. Was very pleasantly surprised by the vehicle and quickly came to love it. Great mid-size design with quality interior layout and materials. It was gutsy in its acceleration and speed and was more than adequate towing (5000 lbs). Got very good gas mileage and was comfortable even on a 12 hour non-stop trip to Tennessee. I would definitely recommend as a starter car for a teenager, or a commuter car for anyone. Plenty of leg room in the back seat plus plenty of cargo space in the back.

one happy girl
By pickygirl on 03/05/07 11:16 AM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am about as picky a woman as they come and I love everything about my Axiom. The XS model offers just about every option you could think of and more. I love the way it drives and looks. I do not understand why they stopped making them. They look a lot like the BMW SUV...but a lot less in price. If you can find one for sale...buy it...you won't be sorry!

Update on ole reliable
By Charbojr on 10/21/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's been over a year now with over 20K miles clocked and the Axe is holding up nice. We got new tires and that has made a tremendous difference in the handling of this vehicle (Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tire's). No more tire squeal or front end plow in the rain and has smoothed out the ride a bit. However the fit and finish on this car is still unnerving. Our sunroof is shot and the door seams (stuffing) is pulling away from the doors. Not exactly the things you want happening to a $28K truck. Still the warranty has saved us and this SUV doesn't mind being abused. Thanks Isuzu.

1 2 3 4 5 next »