Used 2004 Isuzu Axiom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

2004 Isuzu Axiom

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:

As reliable as the sun
By mike696

2004 Isuzu Axiom S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this truck for nearly 10 years and put over 150k miles on it. Was great for helping move my friends drum kit, hauling a tent trailer up a mountain, and going off-road. The Axiom has great power and control. Was more fun to drive than a V6 Altima. Can't even imagine replacing this with anything else.

Favorite Features

Great V-6 power. TOD is amazing (plus it's cooler saying Torque On Demand rather than 4 Wheel Drive). Styling all around is fantastic. Feels cool being the only person in town with an Axiom.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat is slightly cramped for anyone over 6'. Suspension out of "Sport" setting feels too much like sailing. Thirsty at the pump, average 17 mpg overall.

Excellent
By ricrado

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am 5'6" and 167 lb for me this is the best car ever, the only thing I don't like too much is that jumps to much when go in to a bump or something like it. I make a trip of 210 miles and I only use 13 gallons of gas = 21 mpg hwy city 16

Favorite Features

inside looks great i love 6 cd temp compass date i always need the date for when i go to the bank lol miles to empty radio signal not to good space on the trunk that is awesome

Suggested Improvements

i suggest if you are 6' or tall or more than 200 lb don't get this car because the this car is good for small people. oh and i wish the seat go up.

Edmunds too tough, I like it!
By jeff

2004 Isuzu Axiom S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this '04 Axiom used with 48,000 miles. The seats are low compared to a Suzuki Grand Vitara it replaced but I got used to it. This vehicle flies! Power is fantastic, gas mileage is 13 mpg. Looks alone are a home run. I personally like the dash but does have a lot to it. You just have to get used to it. My only complaint would be the rubber stripping around the doors it seems to move or come out of its fasteners and not fit as well as I'm sure as when it was new. I have had it 4 months or so and really like it.

Favorite Features

Engine power, styling by far, the tire size and rims, the antennae on the back and spoiler. The steering wheel and dash style also. The CD changer.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, low seat position, and rubber stripping application.

I love this AXIOM XS!
By LittleMissScubaLady

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2004 Isuzu Axiom XS and...I really...really LOVE this vehicle!!!! It is perfect for long trips... It does well on mountain roads...and it rides like a dream on the Florida Flatlands...LOL!!!! It is a sexy little ride for a 4X4! It handles well...and looks fabulous!!!!! I went from driving a sports car, to driving this cute little SUV...and I COMPLETELY LOVE IT!!!! The Axiom has a sports car appearance, yet works like a truck, and handles like the best of the more expensive SUV's! I am not sure why some wrote bad reviews for this SUV... in my opinion it is an absolutely awesome SUV!!!!! The MPG is running around 20 in town, and 22 on HWY. I am very, very happy with it!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the exterior/interior appearance!!!! Great quality for the price!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint that I have is why did they not place an oil gauge on the inside of the vehicle with the other gauges? I hate the fact that I have to check under the hood every other gas fill up to see how the oil is. Oh, well...nothing is absolutely perfect...I can live with it!

My axiom
By angela L

2004 Isuzu Axiom XS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my axiom used a year ago and I am loving it. But, there is one problem, my radio does not work but I can still play cd's, not sure what that's all about. Overall I wouldn't trade it.

Favorite Features

side view

Suggested Improvements

radios