Fan of Isuzu
By texasheart on
2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my '02 Axiom used in '05 with 12K miles on it. She now has 110K miles and is still going strong. She looks cool, is a great road trip car because she's so comfortable and has been completely reliable. I don't take exceptional care of my vehicles, but she keeps on going without any complaints or major issues. I'm the type of person who trades up every 3 years, but I've had this car for 5 and intend to keep her for a long time. My first Isuzu was an Amigo and I'd still have it if I didn't let it run out of oil. Oops. My Axiom was the replacement.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature of my Axiom is the comfort. She's great for road trips and has plenty of cargo space. I've driven her cross country twice. This isn't a cheaply built vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Periodically, the key will not turn all the way back preventing me from pulling it out due to some sort of solenoid issue. I've had it fixed once, but it started doing it again. She doesn't offer a smooth ride. I just put brand new shocks on her thinking it would help, but it didn't. It's just a characteristic of the vehicle according to what I've read from other posters.