2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:
Think Twice
By rcasti01 on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle because of the distinct design, leather color interior and quality. But after just 1 year of driving this particular vehicle it has been in the shop 4 times. Twice becuase of electrical problems and twice for interior pieces falling apart. In-fact on the driver door panel the bottom paneling is coming off, so I'll have to return it back to the dealership. The MSRP was a little under 30K, with a 4K dealer discount plus my GM discount... I bought on impulse. I've haven't been to happy with my descision.

one hella of suv
By jimmie l on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

two years not one problem..runs and rides like a charm..18/22 miles to gallon..I bought this vehicle with every option including leather for 21,300 out the door..it was a steal... Isuzu should shoot its add guy for marketing this vehicle all wrong..ps they also put roof rack on free

GREAT SUV
By Shakey077 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Axiom for 1 year now and have logged 12k miles. It has been flawless. Very fun to drive, plenty of power. Gas mileage could be a bit better but it is an SUV. The stock tires however are not so good, they squeel on any turn at ant speed and slip in the rain. The only other complaint would be driver leg room, I am 6' tall and it is just a tad tight.

Great wheels!
By rnobadger on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable & quiet ride.

What a vehicle..
By Scott Adams on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car can be summed up in one word. EXCELLENT. When people ask me to describe it, I tell them to imagine that a Volvo and a Hummer had a baby. You couldn't ask for more standard features.

Isuzu Axiom SX
By APK1973 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good truck. I bought it for work.I put over 75000 miles on it for 2 years. I would give it B- overall rating.

This is a great vehicle!!
By TatMan1973 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love at first sight! Test drove everything from a 2002 Trooper, to a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with all the trimmings and nothing matched the comfort, ride, experince, or value of the Axiom! Very nice... No problems besides it was used!

Great Vehicle, Great Price
By Slane on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for more than a year and am very impressed. In fact, my wife and I own 2 along with a MB SL500- so I know cars. In sports mode, this vehicle rides as well as many entry- level luxury cars. Power is sufficient to send you on your way in a hurry. The price difference does not merit moving up to a Lexus RX or Mercedes ML for that manner- well maybe an ML55.

its a blast to drive
By tel1441 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car to be a third car for 2 drivers. What a blast. I enjoy getting in this car. Improved the gas mileage by going 100% sythetic oil and using 89plus gas. Saw my average fuel economy go up by 2 miles per gallon. I drive alot of city with ac on.

What a rocket.
By ahmadsa on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for 4 months now and absolutely love it. I've out run BMW X5 3.0 and lexus RX 300 in pickup and on the higway. I love the roar of the engine and immediate throttle response. Breaking is also excellent. The only thing I've had a problem with was the rear view mirror that came off, but the dealer fixed it at no cost. This truck is not for the nerds. I would only recommend this vehicle to a speed enthusiast. It takes no prisnors...speed speed and more speed. Wow, what a rush.