Used 2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:

A Must Have!
By AxLoVe

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck, but I came across the Axiom, it surprised me; average gas mileage but real fun to drive. I recommend it for anyone.

Favorite Features

Front display, body style, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Make more Axioms!

Worst auto purchase of my life
By JustTheFacts

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is a death trap with frequent mechanical and other problems. (Don't worry I do have one good thing to say (see below): Bad: 1. Brakes = ABS kicks in on dry pavement 2. Stability - slipping & sliding regardless of 2WD or TOD or 4WD selection (I mean slipping and sliding!) 3. Mechanical defects (jerky drive, shuts down while driving!, try starting a shut-down vehicle on a highway going at 55 mph) 6. They LIE about the mileage (mine gives 15mpg on the highway (and I am a slooow driver) 7. To lower back seats requires lifting the bench (seats), removing the neck support, finally lower the back 8. Removing and returning the spare tire - tow driver couldn't! Good: 1. Electric seat adju

Favorite Features

Electric seat adjustment. Moon roof. Thats it !

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell this car please ! You will cause many road accidents.

Good so far
By Pitt

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Axiom pre-owned and at 73,000+ miles it seems to be a good buy as SUVs go. I haven't had any complaints that the factory could have addressed with the exception of the sound system. Getting the base model I didn't expect much but the speakers are pretty dull. I have read reviews about the tires as well and mine looked to be a fresh set, but they do squeal with most maneuvering action that didn't get the squeal from my last car.

Favorite Features

Center console, power windows and door locks, theft deterrent system, full size spare.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system. Better tires off the showroom floor. More leg room. CD changer in dash instead of headrest.

fun to drive
By bill

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great power and good handling. Very reliable except that tranny out at 48,000 but is being replaced under warranty. Good amount of storage in back. Heavy sturdy feel but overall mpg suffers from weight and averages about 15. Blows around a bit in the wind.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power and acceleration. Good engine. Durable grey leather interior holds up well.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in front and seats that adjust in all directions. More durable tires.

Great SUV
By Ultie

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV and very dependable. But local dealership refuses to fix broken warranty part that they broke. Local dealership repair is useless.

Favorite Features

Design.

Suggested Improvements

More after market upgrades Use Densco Iridium plugs and replace restrictive air intake with Morgan-tech custom intake for 10-15 added hp. Replace cheap tires that it comes with.