2002 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:
Axom
By thlien on 11/09/04 18:06 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal from the dealer. It can haul a bunch of stuff and for the price it was packed with features. Heated seats. Tow hitch. Roof rack. Leather seats. Great stereo.

Get your wallet ready
By MrSwade on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In a little over 2 years I have had the breaks replaced twice. Not the pads but the drums, rotors and other hardware. The vehicle lurches when coming to a stop even from a slow roll. I bought it on impulse after owning a Rodeo and swearing I would never by another Isuzu but I didnt listen to myself and got fooled by the styling and hype. It has been ti the dealer 6 times. The leather quality is better in my mothers Kia Sorento and that SUV rides 10 times better. When I first got the Axiom it turned alot of heads, now it just keeps turning my stomach. Do yourself a BIG favor. Do not buy the Axiom!

Great Reliable SUV
By Susan Hardy on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

buy it you will like it

Reliably Different
By T Murray on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Does not look like other SUV's which I prefer. Over 30K Miles and not one problem of any type. Cross country trip in winter 2003 Seattle to Boston averaged 21.4 mpg on reg gas with car loaded to max. Torque on Demand 4 wheel drive system great in Ice and snow. Wife commuted in Boston winter weather in 04 without a problem. Dual mode suspension great for freeway flats or in the mountains. Went from a Mitsu Montero to Axiom for better milage and performance and like the size better. No recalls no problems, decent milage for 4 wheel drive. What more can I ask for. Definitely under-rated by writers.

Lota Bang for the Bucks
By rcopa2 on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You sure get alot for the money. The interior is great, lot of nice touchs. Excellent fit and finish. Feels and looks well put together. It's just loaded with features, feels like a high end suv. It's even got a full alloy spare. I really like all the stainless and chrome touchs inside and out. It's not for everyone but I am really enjoying this Isuzu.

I love my axiom:)
By scorpiobelle on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about my Axiom EXCEPT- It feels like it's going to tip over sometimes. I wish that the center of gravity were a little lower...

Don't be fooled
By Napertucktim on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Isuzu warranty isnít worth the paper itís written on. 3/50 doesnít cover major brake components (not talking about pads) along with many other parts and 10/120 appears to be a joke. Dealership lied about warranty and build quality is sub-par at best. Isuzu customer service is horrible and will not stand behind their product and will blame dealer for problems. Buy a Subaru or spend a little more to get a quality vehicle because low price reflects poor quality and reliability at Isuzu.

Holding My Breath
By vamc2004 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for the pronounced 'rock & roll' I'm very impressed with this car. The two ride settings don't seem to be quite right. One too stiff, the other too soft. Many positive comments about the interior and especially the exterior. Somehow, paper litter seems to find its way from the glove compartment to the a/c blower unit. Probably bad design.

Not many in Alaska
By mariannek on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is not common in AK but it is the right car for driving conditions here. The front panel is a bit distracting. Love to have both CD and disk player. Wish there was more room to put "stuff". Why the 17" wheels??

2002 Izusu Axiom
By kulhand57 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this vehicle compared to my last one(2002 Pontiac Grand Prix) I know that is comparing apples to oranges but oh well. I have drive the nissan xterra and pathfinder, but I felt this truck had a more smooth ride to it.