Used 2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:

Best SUV you will ever own!
By Luc

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

4 years and the only repair was a tuning light bulb! Replace the factory Good Years and the ride quality will improve. I got a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR - 80 miles/hour and you can hear only a little wind noise! Gas mileage is average, but OK for an SUV - I will say better than most SUVs with same engine size. If you are looking for a used SUV, this will beat by far any other used SUV available in value/reliability/price!

Ride, power, being safe and known that I will get where I want without problems.

Discontinued - too bad, the only suggestion is to make them again. How about a hybrid version?

Best buy
By Bill

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A good vehicle with a bad rep. I dont know why people are ripping on the transmission, which is the same exact transmission that was in the Trooper from 90 to 02 and is also in many GM vehicles. Great engine and serious acceleration. Never left me stranded. Only typical wear and tear in the 5 years I've had it. Won't sell it because its resale is lower than its actual value.

Computer display in center console has loads of good info, Best SUV acceleration for its year and good looking front grille.

Front seats are a little low, shocks are a bit stiff (they must have thought I was going to race it).

My 2002 Axiom
By Bill McKinney

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car has been very reliable and is eye-catching in appearance. I still get people asking me, even after 5 years old and 3 years since last Axiom was made, what kind of car it is and where can they look at a new one. The styling obviously made it impossible to put in a third row seat but have to say that I have never needed to carry more than 5 people and sometimes go for months with the rear seats folded down. It's been a great car and although I plan on my next purchase being a sedan, I will keep the Axiom.

Styling, acceleration, interior, sunroof.

NA since not made anymore but from time it was new, I think a five speed or 6 speed transmission would have helped gas mileage.

Fun to Drive
By William

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Truck is fun to drive, could get better gas mileage. Plenty of torque.

Seat color, outside temp, TOD, self dimming rear view mirror.

Better gas mileage.

An educated review
By the truth be known

2002 Isuzu Axiom SUV XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Neat SUV! I would say that this is one of the most unique SUVs that I have ever seen. It is nice to own a vehicle that not everyone has. This truck is awesome. I did have to replace the front shocks and rear brake rotors when I purchased my Axiom, but I can honestly say that this comes with all USED vehicles. If you expect a vehicle in mint condition, get a NEW one. I thoroughly enjoy all that my Axiom has to offer.

Torque on demand, four wheel drive, multiple suspension modes, engine power options, 6 disc changer, (tape deck), sleek interior equipped with leather and tinted windows, roomy cargo capibilities, very stylish exterior, powerful v6 with option to tow, I LOVE IT!!

NA