2002 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:
A Must Have!
By AxLoVe on 10/04/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck, but I came across the Axiom, it surprised me; average gas mileage but real fun to drive. I recommend it for anyone.

Worst auto purchase of my life
By JustTheFacts on 09/21/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is a death trap with frequent mechanical and other problems. (Don't worry I do have one good thing to say (see below): Bad: 1. Brakes = ABS kicks in on dry pavement 2. Stability - slipping & sliding regardless of 2WD or TOD or 4WD selection (I mean slipping and sliding!) 3. Mechanical defects (jerky drive, shuts down while driving!, try starting a shut-down vehicle on a highway going at 55 mph) 6. They LIE about the mileage (mine gives 15mpg on the highway (and I am a slooow driver) 7. To lower back seats requires lifting the bench (seats), removing the neck support, finally lower the back 8. Removing and returning the spare tire - tow driver couldn't! Good: 1. Electric seat adju

Good so far
By Pitt on 08/30/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Axiom pre-owned and at 73,000+ miles it seems to be a good buy as SUVs go. I haven't had any complaints that the factory could have addressed with the exception of the sound system. Getting the base model I didn't expect much but the speakers are pretty dull. I have read reviews about the tires as well and mine looked to be a fresh set, but they do squeal with most maneuvering action that didn't get the squeal from my last car.

fun to drive
By bill on 08/29/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great power and good handling. Very reliable except that tranny out at 48,000 but is being replaced under warranty. Good amount of storage in back. Heavy sturdy feel but overall mpg suffers from weight and averages about 15. Blows around a bit in the wind.

Great SUV
By Ultie on 06/29/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV and very dependable. But local dealership refuses to fix broken warranty part that they broke. Local dealership repair is useless.

Best car I have ever bought!
By Kellie on 05/20/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect car for someone that is looking for style and comfort. If you have champagne taste but a beer budget, this is the car for you. It is very luxurious and very sporty at the same time. I love it and recommend it to everyone looking for a mid-size SUV.

Fun rig -- great in rain -- gas hog
By toby on 04/17/05 04:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This rig is a real fun ride. Two suspension modes allows different choice of rides. Switch over to the TOD - this an excellent vehicle for wet conditions and fast take offs at stops. Push button HP boost allows more push for uphills and passing. After 35k miles my only problem with my Axiom is that - going 55 on a flat road - you will only get 22 mpg at best. In the city 11-17. This engine is inefficient. My GMC 1/2 ton Denali gets as good of gas mileage as this much smaller V6. All in all - this ride has got a stylish look, plenty of power for driving around town, moderate interior room, and multiple suspension modes for fun travel. It will keep you looking for cheaper gas.

bad customer service
By Josh on 02/04/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The warranty is pretty much useless my tranny went out @ 55,000 miles and it has been at the dealership for over 3 weeks! Help w/ a loaner or reimbursment for a rental

TOD PROBLEMS ARE EXPENSIVE
By Jon on 01/07/05 09:36 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Axiom on 11/26/2001. At the time I was attracted by the zero percent financing and nice look of the body style. The vehicle drinks gas like an elephant. 12.2 mpg city and 18 mpg highway. This is terrible for a six cylinder. The tires are Goodyears and are terrible. They do not corner well and are terrible on the highway. If you are foolish enough to buy this vehicle do yourself a favor and change the tires right away. The sensors for the TOD are expensive and mine went after 37 months. I still owe $9,000.00 on the vehicle and already I'm putting big money into it. It only has 30,000 miles on it. I do not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Think twice before you buy!
By M. PERRINE on 12/30/04 12:39 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Within the 1st month of buying my 2002 Isuzu Axiom the A/C fan motor went out. Now two years later it has happened three times. The rear shocks are now being replaced, the fog lights have blown two times, the brake lights have gone out once, there has been a rattling noise in the engine for about six months, and now the display screen has started to black out. Not to mention the fact that the car depreciated over 50% within the 1st year of ownership which has forced me to keep it even though it always seems to be in the shop. Think TWICE before you buy this one!