2002 Isuzu Axiom 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2002 Isuzu Axiom - Consumer Reviews

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Axiom model:
You could do much worse
By KingMikey on 06/18/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Honestly, I had this car for 7 years and 105K before my wife totaled it last week and with the exception of an AC compressor a year or two ago, the vehicle was flawless. I towed a 3500lb boat and it was perfect. Even with the 2WD model the limited slip system never got me stuck at a boat ramp or anywhere else. And it always had plenty of power to tow that boat. Fuel efficiency was always a problem whether towing or not though.

7 years and still going strong
By Frankie on 02/08/09 08:04 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new 8/02. Seven years, 60k miles now. Regular maintenance service (oil changes,air filter). Replaced the s-belt myself @ 45k miles. No other service. New BF Goodrich tires @ 50k miles.On the way to tire dealer, just to see what power this 6cyl had I held the brake, put the pedal to the floor, slowly released the brake and smoked the tires for 200 ft. Avg 18.1 mpg since day one. Haven't reset since I bought it. Too bad Isuzu pulled out of US. I definitely would have bought another by now. Traded in a '97 Rodeo (bought new, had 137000 miles on it in 5 years, zero repairs) for this one.

Best SUV you will ever own!
By Luc on 10/18/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

4 years and the only repair was a tuning light bulb! Replace the factory Good Years and the ride quality will improve. I got a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR - 80 miles/hour and you can hear only a little wind noise! Gas mileage is average, but OK for an SUV - I will say better than most SUVs with same engine size. If you are looking for a used SUV, this will beat by far any other used SUV available in value/reliability/price!

The Truth
By The Truth on 03/04/06 12:20 PM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck, but only flaw is how the material used, such as paint and trim; they somewhat fade and come loose. Great overall truck, great bang for the buck!

A Must Have!
By AxLoVe on 10/04/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck, but I came across the Axiom, it surprised me; average gas mileage but real fun to drive. I recommend it for anyone.

Good so far
By Pitt on 08/30/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Axiom pre-owned and at 73,000+ miles it seems to be a good buy as SUVs go. I haven't had any complaints that the factory could have addressed with the exception of the sound system. Getting the base model I didn't expect much but the speakers are pretty dull. I have read reviews about the tires as well and mine looked to be a fresh set, but they do squeal with most maneuvering action that didn't get the squeal from my last car.

Holding My Breath
By vamc2004 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for the pronounced 'rock & roll' I'm very impressed with this car. The two ride settings don't seem to be quite right. One too stiff, the other too soft. Many positive comments about the interior and especially the exterior. Somehow, paper litter seems to find its way from the glove compartment to the a/c blower unit. Probably bad design.

one hella of suv
By jimmie l on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

two years not one problem..runs and rides like a charm..18/22 miles to gallon..I bought this vehicle with every option including leather for 21,300 out the door..it was a steal... Isuzu should shoot its add guy for marketing this vehicle all wrong..ps they also put roof rack on free

GREAT SUV
By Shakey077 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Axiom for 1 year now and have logged 12k miles. It has been flawless. Very fun to drive, plenty of power. Gas mileage could be a bit better but it is an SUV. The stock tires however are not so good, they squeel on any turn at ant speed and slip in the rain. The only other complaint would be driver leg room, I am 6' tall and it is just a tad tight.

What a vehicle..
By Scott Adams on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Isuzu Axiom 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car can be summed up in one word. EXCELLENT. When people ask me to describe it, I tell them to imagine that a Volvo and a Hummer had a baby. You couldn't ask for more standard features.