Used 2007 Isuzu Ascender Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Isuzu Ascender - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:

Love My Ascender
By desertdog

2007 Isuzu Ascender S 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our ascender more than 2 years so far, and we love it. It has a great smooth ride, and is pretty much a rebadged trail blazer. The car literally is labeled GM everywhere except on the hood, and the steering wheel.

rides high, smooth ride, roomy, and comfortable

quirky interior lighting, never have been able to get the auto on interior lights to work.

Good SUV
By AYGARCIA

2007 Isuzu Ascender S 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like my ASCENDER 2007, but don't like the front seat belts. They scratch my neck and I have to keep pulling them away for a while. The seat belts are too low. Also, the tire maintenance sensor lights went on the first week I bought it and they've been on for 3 years, even though the tires are brand new, including the spare tire! I wish it had keyless entry and better sound system. The center console is too fragile. Other than that, it is a good car to drive.

I like the storage space in the back, and love the exterior design.

Make the seat belts to start from higher up, so they won't hurt your neck. The auto-window button should be able to lower or raise the windows without having to push down on it to the end.

Losing Some Paint
By Tom

2007 Isuzu Ascender S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After almost a year of ownership, overall I really like the vehicle. It handles the snow well and the ride is very good for an SUV. There is a problem of the paint getting blasted off on the flairs in front of the rear wheels.

Heated leather seats, Bose stereo, tight turning radius.

Textured or rubberized paint in front of rear tires.

Our First Isuzu SUV
By Heidarella

2007 Isuzu Ascender S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Being used to a big Dodge I was skeptical to purchase a smaller vehicle. Surprisingly the interior feels roomy with pretty good leg room. Fits my family and animals well. Handles wonderful in the snow and the ride is quite comfortable. I travel to CT a lot and this SUV is more than satisfactory in comfort for the long trips. I love the turning radius when parking especially in Boston. The engine has pretty good zip as I waited for a "Lag" when going up hills, but that never happened. The pick up was right on and the full frame gives the feeling of sturdiness. With all the outside recreational activities this SUV has supported us well!

For a smaller vehicle I was happy with feeling like I was in a larger SUV. Room is very important to me as well as comfort with all my traveling. The Ascender has lived up to this as well as pretty good gas mileage. Very happy with the sporty look as well as the easiness to drive. Love the moonroof.

My only suggestion would be to keep improving on better gas mileage. Though this vehicle is somewhat inexpensive to drive the way gas prices are rising fuel efficiency will need to be a priority on all vehicles.