2006 Isuzu Ascender - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:
Nightmare
By para333am on 12/07/12 07:04 AM (PST)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 2006 Ascender brand new. Granted the body is great. I was hit by a large work van which in a car would of sent me to the hospital, the truck held up well. The engine is a nightmare. We just paid it off and it has less than 115,000 miles on it but the engine has died completely. I am very upset since it was purchased new and well taken care of.. I will never buy another one again.. I will only purchase Honda or Toyota from now on.

High Maintenance
By wokeup on 11/19/09 17:40 PM (PST)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great looking and a great ride, but very poor mpg on highway 15. Also, at 70,000 mi it fell apart, new water pump, new alternator, stabler track problems, fuel gauge problems, window on passengers side leaks and exhaust leak. Not to mention normal maintenance of breaks and belts. Low initial price, but they make up for it later down the road on repair costs.

Real SUV no crossover!
By OHIO BOY on 07/17/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a real SUV this a great car. The mileage is not great but it is a big SUV . Brakes are a problem on this SUV . The heat builds up and takes out the rotors. Put the better rotors on it.

Bargain for a solid SUV
By John on 09/19/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A solidly built SUV at a great price is good choice for anyone who wants a basic utility vehicle. The engine is great, with lots of power and good gas mileage. Speaking of gas mileage, remember, if you live in a cold climate and have a lead foot, every SUV will eat gas, but GM's powerful engine lets you use a light foot and still get sufficient power. I average 19 mpg in everyday driving, 21 on the highway as long as you keep it below 80. That's probably as good as real-world results for most crossovers. So if what you want is a car that has more room, get a crossover. If you like to haul, tow and drive on dirt, these GMs are good choices, and the Isuzu has the best warranty (pre 2007).

My Truck
By Rebecca on 08/24/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I drove from Virginia to California and it was the most comfortable ride I have ever had. Even with towing a U-haul trailer this truck had no problems going up the mountain and was so easy to handle. I am a person who trades vehicles in every 2 years, I believe I will have this truck for a lot longer.

poor quality, not worth the money!
By scott kelso on 11/01/06 18:14 PM (PST)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my Ascender for 4 months now and I have been back to the dealership 6 times. Driving lamps 3 times, rear seatbelt 3 times, transmission 4 times and body molding 2 times. Transmission shifts hard on long trips. Driving lights keep fogging up. The front bumper moves up and down while driving. Center console wiggles by just putting your arm on it.

just like the Envoy
By sign guy on 07/31/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Made by GM and looks just the GMC Envoy but has a better warranty.

Jimmy goes Isuzu
By Luv2Go on 07/28/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the Isuzu Ascender, it's a nicely designed vehicle which has a great turning radius for an SUV. The driving performance is smooth and acceleration transitions nicely. Its competitor, the Envoy, has better standard features and doesn't skimp on basic items as a resume button for cruise control. The Ascender is great for a small family of 4 taking a trip. Rear cargo is adequate for big suitcases.

enjoy
By cliff on 07/08/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful but needs cruise control.

Save Your Money Buy A Dodge!
By Pete on 07/07/06 16:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was told this is the top of it's class. It had a high towing capacity. I needed something to tow my boat and that would be good on gas. I've owned this SUV for almost 5 months and I had to go back to the dealer 6 or 7 time to fix it. I should of done more research on this SUV. I went to the dealer after the second visit in the first week of owning the SUV and talked to the man and told him if I could have my older car back and he could keep the $3500 I gave them, well I guess you no how that turned out. The Isuzu is a Chevy. I called Isuzu and told them all the problems that I'm having; the man that should help me said "I'm sorry sir, but I pull my boat with a Dodge." Now that was funny to me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.