2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:
Lots of electrical probs starting at approx 80,000mi. Listed in order of failure: check engine light came on 'thermostat', speedometer, fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge at 105,000mi.
By mysuzuki on 01/09/14 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV Luxury 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Dealer where I purchased the vehicle said none of the probs were covered under warranty because of the mileage. I called Isuzu corporate office and they said there is a "policy extension" on the fuel gauge to 120,000mi. The policy extension has a 'campaign number issued for it. " SB 13-04-S004 (fuel sensor).They referred me to another dealer who has ordered the part for the fuel gauge. However, they say the 'instrument cluster" needs to be replaced and it is not certain that the fuel gauge will work unless it is replaced and some or all of the probs may or may not work unless the instrument cluster is replaced. Footnote: A linkage part in the transmission shifted broke at approx 100,000mi

Great Buy
By Gail ETaylor on 01/07/10 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Asscender. I love them its very dependable I have had this one soon to by 5 years other than regular maintenance only one shop repair has occurred in 5 years. This is the best SUV I have owned. I would recommend it to anyone.

Still love my Ascender after 5 years!
By FLAscenderDriver on 08/01/09 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years and nearly 60K miles, I still love my Ascender. It looks good, tracks well, doesn't slide around on wet roads, is comfortable, and has plenty of power when needed for towing a trailer or just passing other vehicles. I love the Bose system stereo and 6 disc changer, the woodgrain dash and steering wheel, leather interior, and especially the dual seat heaters on colder evenings! It's been a reliable vehicle with only general maintenance/tire upkeep, and had to replace the shocks this Spring. Well made and comfy, just wish it got better mpg when gas was so pricey.

Never Again!!
By bamaboy36863 on 07/27/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but problems. First year we had it, AC motor went out and it took over a week to repair. Blower motor will start to weaken when AC runs for an extended period of time. Third year, speakers in rear and left front began working intermittently or not at all. At the same time the front passenger, rear driver side and hatch locks have worked intermittently. Both underneath panels under front seats where seat adjusters are located have broken loose due to inferior construction. We are NOT rough on this vehicle at all and it has not held up "cosmetically". Engine-wise, no problems, yet.

I would buy a second one!!!
By sanabu on 05/03/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV Limited 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is a real shame that Isuzu will no longer offer personal automobiles as of January 1, 2009. My 2005 Ascender Limited is probably one of the best buys I have completed based on value and acquisition. I wrote my first review on this car on 6/05. I liked the car then and now I just love it. 72000 miles later the truck still has that new feel. When it was brand new the radio broke and it was fixed by the dealer promptly. Other than that just standard maintenance. Everything works on this SUV. Last time I rated the mileage as a 5. Now I'm rating it as a 7 as the truck will usualy do between 18 to 20 miles per gallon which is not bad for the size of truck that I am driving. No complaints.

Good Value
By Ron on 07/17/07 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good value for the money, no problems after two years, good smooth car like ride with plenty of power.

Love my Ascender
By rbraxton on 04/22/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems with my SUV. I now have 38000 miles. I drive my Ascender at highway speeds and I love the ride. When we travel, this is the car that we drive (I also have a Lincoln LS).

I Love My Isuzu
By Deb on 07/08/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV S 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 96 Rodeo and loved it, but I now adore the luxury and reliability of my Ascender. I rarely need the 4 wheel drive because it just plows through almost anything! It is so comfortable with the electric driver seat, audio system, great ride, quiet and enjoyable, roomy - definitely a step up in luxury from my Rodeo. Cargo space easy to get to, back lift gate easy to use, exterior handsome and easy care. Gas mileage same as Rodeo. I hope it is as reliable as my Rodeo was. It had no problems and body was excellent shape after 10 years. Hope GMC put same quality into the Ascender. I DO LOVE THIS VEHICLE AND WOULD PURCHASE ANOTHER!

Good Value
By dogzallez on 04/22/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

While the mileage could be better, the Ascender is a pleasure to drive. The cabin is roomy and easy to haul things with. The fold down seats also have headrests that fold down when the seats do so that the head rest doesn't have to be removed from the seats like the older Rodeos did. Peppy V-6 engine and a smooth ride. The instruments are easy to see through the steering wheel while driving.

my car from dad
By Ascender on 01/11/06 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I actually love this car; its seats are soft, it’s very roomy inside and it has several power outlets for you to use. I have two cell phones that do need to be charged at times. I think the ride is so smooth and quite and I think it’s actually bigger then it looks but overall I enjoy this car very much.