Used 2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:

Going on 12 years together...
By Laverna Lopez

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2005. I have always had an Isuzu, my husband and I would buy a new one for me every 3 years. My 2004 ascender has moved to 3 states with me in the last 12 years, has over 177,000 miles and still runs great. Have never had to use my AAA in 12 years nor my Insurance. Have thought numerous times about trading it in and getting something new but I've never had a single issue with this vehicle ever..I've kept up maitance on it and have never had to take it in for any issues AT ALL! This is the best most reliable car I have ever owned!!

Ascender review
By Bkel

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV S 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well. Lots of fun. Seems to be an electrical issue with lights dimming at random. Also, the check engine light comes on periodically. Already had battery replaced and light still coming on! Hope this doesn't turn into 7 trips to the dealership like the other review. The paint on the radio controls coming off. This is my first Isuzu and I'm still kinda on the fence whether I'll purchase another one.

Smooth ride. Comfortable.

Needs better gas mileage. Find and correct issues with the check engine light! and the electrical issues! No one has money to sink into these things.

THE GREAT ASCENDER
By TERRY

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV Limited 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been great 70,000 Miles no major repairs 45,000 on set of tires and 60,000 on brakes City mileage 16MPG Highway as much as 23MPG The editor's rating is off base, was $7,500 less than its sister Chevy. with double the warranty. Just needs a few more Isuzu dealers in north east ohio. No doubt the Best Bang for the Buck.

7 seater, roomy, comfortable, easy to replace all bulbs and headlites.

Better bumber support.

RIP ASCENDER :(
By skyye

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband & I purchased our Ascender March 08, it being a car thatÂ’s not really common we had our doubts but was exactly what we were looking for. We never had any problems on it except for an electrical problem which is common on these cars. When making sure this was the right car to purchase I searched reviews & found the most informative ones on this site so I wanted to make sure that I added my thoughts of this car on here but most importantly how well it handles in accidents. Last week my husband was involved in an accident with a drunk driver which totaled our Ascender but it handled extremely well. Definitely a 10 on safety!!

The overall look is very nice with a great price, the wood on the inside makes it look and feel like you are in a luxury SUV and drives like one too, very smooth ride.

Really the only thing would be gas mileage but its no different than any other suv out there.

Excellent SUV on and off road
By winniemt

2004 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has been fantastic. It drives like a truck on the highway, but off-road, it's phenomenal. Took it up a narrow, rocky, rutted pass over the Brider Mountains in Montana just for fun. It must be called Ascender because it can - ascend, that is. Went straight up the mountain like it was nothing! Beautiful and comfortable, too. Perfect for Montana winters.

4-wheel drive and leather, heated seats!

Obviously, better gas mileage. : ) Also, more service facilities for warranty work.