2004 Isuzu Ascender - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:
Ascender review
By Bkel on 10/05/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well. Lots of fun. Seems to be an electrical issue with lights dimming at random. Also, the check engine light comes on periodically. Already had battery replaced and light still coming on! Hope this doesn't turn into 7 trips to the dealership like the other review. The paint on the radio controls coming off. This is my first Isuzu and I'm still kinda on the fence whether I'll purchase another one.

THE GREAT ASCENDER
By TERRY on 04/30/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender Limited 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been great 70,000 Miles no major repairs 45,000 on set of tires and 60,000 on brakes City mileage 16MPG Highway as much as 23MPG The editor's rating is off base, was $7,500 less than its sister Chevy. with double the warranty. Just needs a few more Isuzu dealers in north east ohio. No doubt the Best Bang for the Buck.

RIP ASCENDER :(
By skyye on 03/12/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband & I purchased our Ascender March 08, it being a car thatÂ’s not really common we had our doubts but was exactly what we were looking for. We never had any problems on it except for an electrical problem which is common on these cars. When making sure this was the right car to purchase I searched reviews & found the most informative ones on this site so I wanted to make sure that I added my thoughts of this car on here but most importantly how well it handles in accidents. Last week my husband was involved in an accident with a drunk driver which totaled our Ascender but it handled extremely well. Definitely a 10 on safety!!

Excellent SUV on and off road
By winniemt on 02/10/08 21:10 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Ascender LS 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has been fantastic. It drives like a truck on the highway, but off-road, it's phenomenal. Took it up a narrow, rocky, rutted pass over the Brider Mountains in Montana just for fun. It must be called Ascender because it can - ascend, that is. Went straight up the mountain like it was nothing! Beautiful and comfortable, too. Perfect for Montana winters.

Great midsize SUV
By Airport Guy on 06/29/07 11:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on three years and this has been a great vehicle. No service issues at all. Nice style, great ride, roomy and comfortable interior, good equipment packages. Would definitely recommend!

Warning Will Robibson
By jmingo on 07/12/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender Limited 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had nothing but problems with my Ascender. Major vibrations at 65 mph .2 new rearends, 2 new transfer case .2 new driveshafts.Broke down on Hwy, blew transmission transfer case, Customer support from isuzu is pitiful and downright rude. never buy from Izusu.

Isuzu Fan deeply disappointed
By Penny Conners on 06/29/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Ascender LS 7-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a Rodeo for 8 yrs with 160,000 trouble free miles. I was excited about my new Ascender. Noticed roaring noise from start and noted with dealership and Isuzu new owner survey. By March whole new rear end was installed. Still roars as of 6/2005. Dealership still waiting on tools? Oil sending unit now bad and on order. Dealership is a nightmare and the Owner Assistance hotline with Isuzu useless! I'm a very disappointed owner who is no longer a fan. Shame on Isuzu!

Best value for money in the class
By Kedar on 03/24/05 18:34 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Ascender LS 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, comfortable ride. Third row seat actually usable by adults. Plenty of room. In terms of features available for the price, second to none other in the class of large SUVs.

Check Engine Light
By Chelo on 01/10/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Ascender Limited 7-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I adore my Ascender-Limited! Purchased January 2004. She is loaded, drives smooth, exceptional Bose sound system, Onstar - everything I wanted in an SUV. Only one problem; 7 visits to dealer because of the "check engine light". Replaced ignition, cooling fan system, battery replaced and new battery was drained, and only has 16K miles.

Treasure found
By Kirk on 01/05/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I looked for weeks for our first SUV. The Tribute, Escape, Pilot, CRV, RAV4 and more... The styling of the Ascender caught our eye, we test drove it, it was great, roomier than many other SUV's at much higher $$$. Our children thought it looked and drove awesome. It is basic but pretty inside, and quiet. The final price was wonderful, and a great warranty. I feel like we made out like bandits, thank you Isuzu (GM).

1 2 3 4 5 next »