Used 2004 Isuzu Ascender Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Ascender - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:

Ascender review
By Bkel

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well. Lots of fun. Seems to be an electrical issue with lights dimming at random. Also, the check engine light comes on periodically. Already had battery replaced and light still coming on! Hope this doesn't turn into 7 trips to the dealership like the other review. The paint on the radio controls coming off. This is my first Isuzu and I'm still kinda on the fence whether I'll purchase another one.

Smooth ride. Comfortable.

Needs better gas mileage. Find and correct issues with the check engine light! and the electrical issues! No one has money to sink into these things.

THE GREAT ASCENDER
By TERRY

2004 Isuzu Ascender Limited 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been great 70,000 Miles no major repairs 45,000 on set of tires and 60,000 on brakes City mileage 16MPG Highway as much as 23MPG The editor's rating is off base, was $7,500 less than its sister Chevy. with double the warranty. Just needs a few more Isuzu dealers in north east ohio. No doubt the Best Bang for the Buck.

7 seater, roomy, comfortable, easy to replace all bulbs and headlites.

Better bumber support.

RIP ASCENDER :(
By skyye

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 5-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband & I purchased our Ascender March 08, it being a car thatís not really common we had our doubts but was exactly what we were looking for. We never had any problems on it except for an electrical problem which is common on these cars. When making sure this was the right car to purchase I searched reviews & found the most informative ones on this site so I wanted to make sure that I added my thoughts of this car on here but most importantly how well it handles in accidents. Last week my husband was involved in an accident with a drunk driver which totaled our Ascender but it handled extremely well. Definitely a 10 on safety!!

The overall look is very nice with a great price, the wood on the inside makes it look and feel like you are in a luxury SUV and drives like one too, very smooth ride.

Really the only thing would be gas mileage but its no different than any other suv out there.

Excellent SUV on and off road
By winniemt

2004 Isuzu Ascender LS 7-Passenger 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has been fantastic. It drives like a truck on the highway, but off-road, it's phenomenal. Took it up a narrow, rocky, rutted pass over the Brider Mountains in Montana just for fun. It must be called Ascender because it can - ascend, that is. Went straight up the mountain like it was nothing! Beautiful and comfortable, too. Perfect for Montana winters.

4-wheel drive and leather, heated seats!

Obviously, better gas mileage. : ) Also, more service facilities for warranty work.

Great midsize SUV
By Airport Guy

2004 Isuzu Ascender S 7-Passenger Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on three years and this has been a great vehicle. No service issues at all. Nice style, great ride, roomy and comfortable interior, good equipment packages. Would definitely recommend!