2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:
Acender review
By bebe237i on 10/19/07 21:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Acender has been wonderful because of the size, we have taken it on many trips. I bought the third row Acender and the extra space is wonderful. The seats are easy to move. I have only had a few mecanical problems window motror, the ac doesn't work on the 5th setting and the clutch fan went out. But the clutch fan was kind of pricey but you can buy the gmc envoy clutch fan, it's cheaper and it's the same part. Other than that I love my Acender.

2003 Isuzu Ascender Ltd
By Alfred T. Child on 03/24/06 06:26 AM (PST)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Better interior lighting is needed.

Piece of Junk
By djsiek on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is a good thing Isuzu gives an extended warranty. You will need it. We have had one electrical problem after another. Because these problems are not the same in 3 or more cases we can not say this falls under the lemon laws of our state, but believe me we consider this car to be a lemon. The front passenger seat is extremely uncomfortable. The maximum gas mileage we have been able to get is 17mpg. Several exterior pieces are plastic and extremely easy to damage. Within 6 months of buying this vehicle started having squeaks that sound like loosing of hinges etc.. Do Not Buy an Isuzu Ascender if you are smart.

Should have known better...
By shumuzu on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought Ascender in Feb.'03 & was in the shop by March, and at least 6-8 times since. The a/c odors (could not sit in the car until we blew out the system with all the windows down.) Repaired 10/03,still smells. There are many interior parts inferior in quality. THe gear shifter came off in my hand, stearing wheel whines,plastic compartments won't shut/open properly, the radio/cd player has been replaced 1 time,& parts have again been ordered for a repair.The "old pick-up truck" rusty, screachy sound they can't seem to find. Although anyone riding in or near the car can here us coming!

2003 Envoy Limited
By mark076 on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was Looking for a GMC Envoy but the Isuzu had a much better exterior kit on it.

Great value
By Isuzu owner on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is truly a wonderful value. The LS is loaded with goodies I would never pay for and I got it for a steal at 25k,and low interest rate. The interior could use some dressing up, but for an active family the Ascender meets all my requirments. Not to many on the road and my wife is asked often about the SUV. Carbon Copy of Envoy, but lower cost and exterior is more appealing.

Great vehicle with a cars drivabilty
By JARED KEYS on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle already! Wish is were mine. Purchased it for my wife (kid mobile) because it is large and safe on the roads yet has the driving feel of a car. I feel confortable knowing they are safe while I am not with them and if a problem occurs ONSTAR is there to the rescue!

problems
By fish98 on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 16,000 on my car, so far it has been in the shop three times. The power steering Pump and horn relay went out and repairs are taking over a week. Unfortunally everytime the car breaks, parts have to be order from the manufacture.

Buying a car
By markd on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have realized why there are not many Isuzu Ascenders on the road. Recently I went to the dealership and test drove one as well as showed interest buying one. My wife and I really liked the car, but salesperson did not really show much energy to sell one at all. I have called him a couple of times, and all I got from him is he will call me back very soon, but have not heard since. I tried again, but no results. It's a good car, but they need to work how to sell it. No adds in the paper either escept Demo one which was sold (according to the dealership) day before it went to the paper. Honda and Toyota

GREAT VALUE
By MARK ELDRIDGE on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

WE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE FOR USE AS A TOW VEHICLE. CONSIDERD A YUKON AS ALTERNATIVE ANDD FOUND THIS MORE COST EFFECTIVE. I FOUND ISSUZU STYLING AND TO BE BETTER THAN BOTH THE TRAIL BLAZZER OR ENVOY. WE OPTED FOR THE V8 AND IT RIDES FAR BETTER THAN THE 6 CYLIDER. WE ARE AVERAGING 18 MPG WITH A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF CITY DRIVING. WE FOUND THIS VEHICLE TO BE ABOUT $4,000 LESS THAN A COPERABLE TRAILBLAZER AND ABOUT $6,000 LESS THAN AN ENVOY. ISUZZU OFFERS DOUBLE THE STANDARD WARANTY OF CHEVY OR GMC. WE HAVE THE LIMITED EDITION WITH EVEY OPTION. BOSE STEREO IS GREAT.