2003 Isuzu Ascender 4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2003 Isuzu Ascender - Consumer Reviews

S 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Ascender model:
Acender review
By bebe237i on 10/19/07 21:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Acender has been wonderful because of the size, we have taken it on many trips. I bought the third row Acender and the extra space is wonderful. The seats are easy to move. I have only had a few mecanical problems window motror, the ac doesn't work on the 5th setting and the clutch fan went out. But the clutch fan was kind of pricey but you can buy the gmc envoy clutch fan, it's cheaper and it's the same part. Other than that I love my Acender.

Piece of Junk
By djsiek on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is a good thing Isuzu gives an extended warranty. You will need it. We have had one electrical problem after another. Because these problems are not the same in 3 or more cases we can not say this falls under the lemon laws of our state, but believe me we consider this car to be a lemon. The front passenger seat is extremely uncomfortable. The maximum gas mileage we have been able to get is 17mpg. Several exterior pieces are plastic and extremely easy to damage. Within 6 months of buying this vehicle started having squeaks that sound like loosing of hinges etc.. Do Not Buy an Isuzu Ascender if you are smart.

Buying a car
By markd on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have realized why there are not many Isuzu Ascenders on the road. Recently I went to the dealership and test drove one as well as showed interest buying one. My wife and I really liked the car, but salesperson did not really show much energy to sell one at all. I have called him a couple of times, and all I got from him is he will call me back very soon, but have not heard since. I tried again, but no results. It's a good car, but they need to work how to sell it. No adds in the paper either escept Demo one which was sold (according to the dealership) day before it went to the paper. Honda and Toyota

go for it
By csieka on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Ascender S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We like this vehicle, however we have already had it in for repairs on the a/c switch. It is suposed to have a monitor for the life of oil, but the mechanic manager said we should change oil every 3,000 miles anyway. As front passenger sometimes the consule proved to be uncomfortable when traveling long distances. Overall we are still very pleased.