1999 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Review: Great, Reliable Car

1999 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Review

Great, Reliable Car
By Trucklet on

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This is the second soft top Amigo that I own. My first one, a 1992 bare bones model, 4 cylinder, standard shift, plastic interior no A/C ($12,000), I had to sell, because I broke my hip and could not drive stick shift anymore. I hated to part with this one, because it was such a practical car. But I got another Amigo, a 1999 with all the bells and whistles, including automatic shift, running boards, AC, 6-speaker cassette, all electric, etc. This is the best car ever! Within those 11 years, I replaced brakes and the battery, that's all. This is the most maintenance-free car I've ever owned. Too bad Isuzu doesn't offer any SUVs or cars in the States anymore.

Removable top, back zip-out window (when hauling long boards). Stand/fold- up back seats for great space in back, for hauling even more, bigger things, or for my dogs.

More space to get into back seat. My fat dog has a hard time squeezing into the back. Larger ash tray with light to be able to see it at night. Work on blind spot on right rear - it's difficult getting back into the right lane. Very dangerous! A young, inexperienced driver might have an accident.