1999 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Reviews 2

1999 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

1999 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:
Best I've Ever Had
By injury on 08/06/06 03:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV

164,000 miles on mine and still going strong. I've had one problem in 6 years (catalytic converters needed replacing) and this was at the 160,000 mile mark - you can't beat it. This was my first Isuzu and I've never owned nor heard of someone else owning a car that is this reliable.

Check The History of The Vehicle!
By Tony B on 09/10/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had quite a few problems with my Amigo. I purchased it with only 38,000 miles and it has been back to the dealership quite often. Most recently for a new tranny. Check to make sure you don't get stuck with a lemon. The car, when it works, is great.

fun truck
By Ron S. on 07/17/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

i have had the car for about 1 year. it is a fun truck to drive. great performance. great off road performance as well. plenty of power and fun to drive. great looks as well.

A great all around vehicle
By Tigerr45 on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been by far the best vehicle i have ever owned. No problem driving through the mountains of which I live. Could have better cup holders a minor thing or two on the inside. It handles great exept in the winter you have to keep it in 4wd because it will spin you around very easily however the 4wd works so good you dont even know it is snowing.

My great little SUV
By Bigben on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD

Getting into this little SUV from a big crew cab truck was like going from a large bus to a sports car. The off-road handling is very good (lots of hunting) in all kinds of adverse conditons.

Don't buy one
By marisol on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

We owned one until about 4 weeks ago. My family was in a car accident and the Amigo rolled several times landing me in the hospital for 5 days. The roll bar didn't hold and I was trapped in the car.

Amigo
By sammy007 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD

Fantastic SUV, built tough enough for rigorous offroad use. Powerful enough to carry a heavy load up steap mountain grades without any trouble. Handles very well.

truth of the amigo
By Amigo on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

very good truck only regret is telling people i own a Amigo, i just say Isuzu

Livin Larger than you think
By tayta317 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

You'd be surprised by how well the Amigo compared to my old Explorer Sport. More maneuverable, just as powerful, better (relatively) mileage. All that's missing is ALL THAT REAR STORAGE SPACE!!!!! Granted, the imports have yet to find a way to refine the interior like the domestics. All the bells and whistles are still there. The ride is no more bouncy. The off-road performance is just as good, but the added maneuverability is a big bonus on narrow trails. Amigo is the only import with low range gearing, the old fashioned way by yanking the floor stick. AND a base warranty pkg that domestic mfrs love to charge for!!!