1998 Isuzu Amigo 3.2L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Say hello to my little

1998 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Review

Say hello to my little Amigo
By Krazy Kid on

1998 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I have had my '98 amigo for about a year, and I have had an absolutely great time driving it. I have driven it through deep mud and snow and the only way to get it stuck is to bury it up to the axles. I am 18, and this car handles young driver abuse very well. Parts can be pretty cheap if bought online, but the SUV is so compact it makes it hard to work on. It does burn about a quart every 1000 miles or so, but it has superior gas milage to any other SUV of its class. All this means is you might have to check your oil more often and the gas savings more than cover the oil cost. It is very easy to install a new radio and speakers by yourself. The soft top is very cool, and girls love the car.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, push button 4 wheel drive (as long as I'm going 55mph or less, all I have to do is push a button to kick in 4x4), 3.2 liter engine, convertable top, great towing ability, great styling, ABS breaks (great on icy roads).

Suggested Improvements

Less oil use, easier oil filter access for do-it-yourselfers, make receiver hitch standard.