Best Unit beyond a Jeep
By Philscbx on
1998 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top
I plow snow for a living, so I need to be out in the worst of it at any moment. This guy cares less what the weather is, it just plows through deep sloppy snow where others are still at the light wondering what just flew by them. I would not trade for anything less. My soft top never rattles at 90 mph. The V6 5 speed will out run anything on the road with comparable V6 in this class. I also have the GMC Sonoma 4x4, and I get better mileage and pulling power for the snowmobile trailer enclosed with the Amigo. The Amigo can easily out run the 4.3 of the GMC.
Favorite Features
Obviously the 4x4 and being able to run in the deep snow right around the other 4x4s stuck in my way. This is a high performance machine with the 4 valve dual over head cams.
Suggested Improvements
My AC went out just last fall, but that's the nature of the valve in the heater box that is hard to get to to replace the expansion valve. They could of made this access at the firewall. Isuzu's V6 will always outperform a larger pushrod motor. That's old 1950's class.