Used 1994 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:

Worth every dollar!
By nhuf2009

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I've had this car since 2008 (High School) and this car someone keeps running. I've treated it awful (off roading, long road trips, etc..) and it has never let me down. It would sit in a barn during harsh winters and it would turn over with the first sign of spring. During the 6 years of owning it, I've only invest in oil changes and a new battery. While, i'm constantly looking for a new car, I can't ever seem to pull the trigger on it because my Amigo keeps chugging along. If you find one, get it, it is totally worth it!

Love my migo
By 94amigocamo1

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

I bought mine used years ago recently done a make over on it the only thing I wish it
was 4wd.Good on gas dependable been in places where some people wouldn't go. I'm from N.C. .I would drive it across country without thought wish Isuzu would bring them back like first generation.oh mine has 230,000 miles on it.It will run 71mph in a quarter of mile.

good ac,good gas milage,dependable

none

Best Vehicle I've owned
By Mud Princess

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Amigo from my sister before she went to Iraq thinking this would be a short lived vehicle that I would junk after about a year. It had been raised and had a few dings on it when I got it and I didn't think it looked all that promising, but I needed something to get me by after my last car died at 300,000 miles. I love it. It has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned and I have never had to do any major work on it. It also is easy for a short person to drive and getting out of muddy ditches and hauling performance equipment in the back is easy to do.

Being able to take the back off and beach appeal.

Visibility on the rear corners and getting into the back seat...but who wants to haul passengers anyways. Great area for a dog though.

Won't part with it
By All Good

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

125,000 miles now and never a problem. Driven in town after 22 in. snowfall with no problem. Carry 2 bikes and kayak on roof rack with no problem. Hauled stuff that people with bigger SUV's couldn't because of open roof. Another reviewer said replacement tops hard to find but not true, have replaced mine 2 times in 12 years by ordering online and both replacements were better than the original design.

Soft top, open back allows hauling of big pieces. Back seat folds and flips forward making a sizable bed for hauling.

10 Years Young and still going!
By Amigo74

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Amigo brand new and have
replaced the tires and clutch only
once during the last 10 years. I
never had anything major problems and
can't tell you how thankful I am for
that! My Amigo has never been a regret
and has always been reliable!

A wide wheel base made me feel more secure about it not tipping!

Interior mechanism for wheel locking for 4WD