1994 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Reviews

1994 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV 4WD

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:
Worth every dollar!
By nhuf2009 on 08/29/14 10:48 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I've had this car since 2008 (High School) and this car someone keeps running. I've treated it awful (off roading, long road trips, etc..) and it has never let me down. It would sit in a barn during harsh winters and it would turn over with the first sign of spring. During the 6 years of owning it, I've only invest in oil changes and a new battery. While, i'm constantly looking for a new car, I can't ever seem to pull the trigger on it because my Amigo keeps chugging along. If you find one, get it, it is totally worth it!

Love my migo
By 94amigocamo1 on 09/14/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

I bought mine used years ago recently done a make over on it the only thing I wish it was 4wd.Good on gas dependable been in places where some people wouldn't go. I'm from N.C. .I would drive it across country without thought wish Isuzu would bring them back like first generation.oh mine has 230,000 miles on it.It will run 71mph in a quarter of mile.

Best Vehicle I've owned
By Mud Princess on 12/26/07 12:39 PM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Amigo from my sister before she went to Iraq thinking this would be a short lived vehicle that I would junk after about a year. It had been raised and had a few dings on it when I got it and I didn't think it looked all that promising, but I needed something to get me by after my last car died at 300,000 miles. I love it. It has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned and I have never had to do any major work on it. It also is easy for a short person to drive and getting out of muddy ditches and hauling performance equipment in the back is easy to do.

Won't part with it
By All Good on 08/31/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

125,000 miles now and never a problem. Driven in town after 22 in. snowfall with no problem. Carry 2 bikes and kayak on roof rack with no problem. Hauled stuff that people with bigger SUV's couldn't because of open roof. Another reviewer said replacement tops hard to find but not true, have replaced mine 2 times in 12 years by ordering online and both replacements were better than the original design.

10 Years Young and still going!
By Amigo74 on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Amigo brand new and have replaced the tires and clutch only once during the last 10 years. I never had anything major problems and can't tell you how thankful I am for that! My Amigo has never been a regret and has always been reliable!

Good truck
By topdown on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

Bought my Isuzu in 1999 and have driven it everyday since. I have not had to put a dime into it beyond standard upkeep. I expect to have many good years left with only 93000 miles on the vehicle to date. I would recommend anyone buy this vehicle if found in good condition.

awsome dependable vehible!
By tinkitten on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

I bought my Amigo new in 1994, today 2003, I have only had to change the oil...and replace the battery one winter..I still have the original brakes! This little truck has been driven from Miami to Iowa and back...up and down the East Coast...it's never failed me, broke down or even sputtered...I bought a new Rodeo and am having to come to term with selling it...I have nothing but great things to say about Isuzu and the Amigo....

I wouldn't buy this car if I were you. .
By Niecey on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car when I was a junior in high school. I was most impressed with the looks and I wanted to show off my 4x4 vehicle to my friends. I made a big mistake buying this car. If you are thinking of buying this model car, I would suggest that you not buy it.

Suv for fun!
By Rich46360 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV 4WD

A small suv, but fun to own. Summers with the top down and enough power to pull jet ski's allows you to do and go where you want. Winter comes and the 4wd allows you the ability to come and go as you please. Sharp looking suv, with fun written all over it. It is reliable and has avoided any major problems through the years. The ride is definetly a truck feal, but thats what Isuzu is all about.