Used 1993 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:

My One and Only Amigo
By jadale

1993 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I LOVE my 1993 Amigo. Bought it new, was/is my first car. Still have it and love it. Only normal maintnance done on it. Replaced a few soft tops and batteries that the AZ heat damages quickly. Minimal leakage from top. Wish it had a bigger engine than the wimpy 4cyl, hills defintiely a struggle. There is a simple technique to get into the back seat, as long as you aren't an old stiff or have a wide bottom end - stand up in a bent over position and step up/jump out. :) Will be very sad to see it go whenever it does.

most of all spacious interior (front and back), over all appearance, removable top

better engine, better top seal for soft top

happy with the Amigo
By Rare bit

1993 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

This car has been very good to me for the short 3yrs. I've owned it. It has stayed true to always getting me from ptA to ptB - it can be counted on! Large tires definitely improve the overall appearance.

Obviously, the convertible aspect, the easy access spare tire, sunroof, and deceivingly spacious interior - the fact that the car looks sweet after a wash and wax.

Car definitely struggles up hills - needs more power. The soft top definitely feels its age - leaks and other seam problems.

Amigo
By leak'n roof

1993 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

The Amigo has always performed well. Major problems experienced have been with the exhaust system and e-brake, however the car is 10yrs old. It still looks sweet after a wash and wax and the top comes off for the summer.

Soft top, very spacious interior

More hp

AMIGO muy despacio
By fez

1993 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I've had this car for about a year and a half... It has been very reliable but it it's very slow, only 96 hp.. and a very simple dash, no rpm meter, no drink holders.. etc..

the back comes off which is very nice

more power, drinkholders, but why i am i writing this... the new ones are much improved..