Used 1992 Isuzu Amigo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

1992 Isuzu Amigo

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:

My Friend, The Amigo
By Nfamous

1992 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

This is my first car and I have to say it's a road dog. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I have had it for over 10 months going on now and it's only in need of the regular oil change. I will admit that it's noisy but it's not perfect either. It has never left me on the road stranded and hopefully until I save up enough money to buy a new car it will continue to hold strong. I even installed a Pioneer Radio/CD/Aux Head unit w/ 2 10" inch Pioneer Subs with a 750watt amp and roadmaster speakers and for a small SUV it gets really loud. The tranny gives a little slip in the morning when I turn it on before going to work but I think it's because I need to let it warm up some more. But it rocks!

Favorite Features

MPG as a 4cyl. How it's very low key and can blend in, but is rarely seen. How it beats down the block everywhere. How for a 2wd model it still tackles snow and sleet.

Suggested Improvements

Lower it. Put 18-20 inch rims on it with custom earth tone or copper paint job (preferably candy with 2 gallons of clear coat to get super wet glossy look). Low Profile tires like street racing type. Invest in soundproof material for inside to cancel out engine and other noise.

Good for a beater
By laze3

1992 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Amigo with a bent valve. Fixed it up for about 200 bucks and I've put about 20k on the engine, it's running and driving fine, I just put new tires on it so I hope it lasts for awhile. For the mileage that's on it it is a good runner yet. I drive it about 400 miles a week and it is working great so far.

Favorite Features

The dash is laid out nice. It's pretty roomy in the front but the rear isn't.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the 4wheel drive line. Insulate the inside better, kind of noisy when you're going down the road at 70.

Fun SUV
By Rick

1992 Isuzu Amigo S 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I bought this SUV for my fist car. I had the two wheel drive, the mud and the snow still did not stop this great SUV. I never had to do any work to it. I got it with over 110k miles and just changed the oil. Fastest speed was 84 down hill but it cruised on the highway just fine at 65 for a 4 cylinder.

Favorite Features

The removable top and back seat was great. I managed to get a big electric organ in the back on night. Big light switches and good center cup holder.

Suggested Improvements

Lift it.