Used 2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

2014 Infiniti QX 60 Ignition Would Not Shut Off!
By Chicagoland Infiniti Purchaser

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I thoroughly researched luxury 3-row SUVs before purchasing a new Infiniti QX 60 vehicle (in the Chicagoland area) in 2014. The negotiated price was competitive based upon the other SUVs I researched. The vehicle is comfortable, the interior is nice, and I love the overall look of the vehicle. But I have had two significant issues with my 2014 QX 60 that would prevent me from purchasing another Infiniti: (1) an issue with a gas gauge being defective, resulting in the electronic and traditional gas gauges being inconsistent and causing uncertainty as to how much gas was in the vehicle (dashboard removed and circuitry replaced within the first 30 days of owning the vehicle) and (2) an issue with the ignition start/stop button not working, preventing me from being able to turn off the ignition and lights and rendering the windows, door locks, shifter, etc. from being functional (one body control module replaced after diagnostic testing showed an error code between two body control modules). The second issue resulted in me being stranded at night in the country on a trip with my 5-year-old son, after stopping for gas in a small town without a hotel, car rental agency, etc. I was unable to leave my vehicle since neither the engine nor the lights would shut off, and a tow truck driver who initially agreed to tow my vehicle later dropped off my son and me in a remote area because he did not deem my vehicle safe to tow. As the Infiniti customer service person remarked after hearing my story, "It sounds like a bad movie." And yet Infiniti was unable to confirm that the same or further electrical issues will not recur/occur, and Infiniti was unwilling to provide an extended warranty for electrical issues with the vehicle. The bottom line for me is that the car has experienced problems that I would not expect for a 2014 "luxury" vehicle, and Infiniti has been unwilling to stand behind its product by offering an extended warranty for the electrical issues experienced with the vehicle.

Love it!
By Chloe

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Infinity needs to catch up!
By Cardinalrain

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very comfortable SUV that offers very little for features and user friendly controls. The controls on the dash are far inferior to many lower priced vehicles and the capabilities are inferior to most SUV's on the road. The 2014 dash has since been replaced but Infinity continues to complicate controls, limit the range of controls and fails to connect the user the ways many other vehicles can. The ride is extremely noisy for a "Luxury" brand, the features are far less than other manufacturers and I'm very disappointed with my purchase. I'd suggest looking at other options unless a SUV is with limited features is what is needed. The cabin is roomy and comfortable but that is where my positive reviews will end.

Passenger Unsafe At Any Speed
By Ira Powell

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our passenger airbag remains off frequently when there is a full size adult passenger in the front seat with their seat belt fastened and the seat properly adjusted (warning light on dash indicates airbag is off). We have provided video evidence of the problem, but since the dealer's test equipment finds no fault, they refuse to replace any parts or make further adjustments. The manufacturer sent a technical expert to examine the car, and he agreed with the dealer that without a computer stored fault no action would be taken. After viewing the several videos, their position remains unchanged. We have owned BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota, Chevrolet and Cadilac cars in the recent past, and in all cases have been pleased with warranty support. This is our first and last Infiniti. Also our last purchase from The Porter Group in Newark, DE.

Not the quality we expected
By Merrill

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me start by saying we loved this car the first year we had it. It's beautiful and comfortable and we loved the safety features. However, we have had this car for less than two years and it is literally falling apart at the seams. Our transmission failed at 50k miles, the seals on the roof came out and started flapping in the wind, the front console trim cracked in multiple places, the seals around the vents are coming out (not even sure how!), the driver visor broke and now just hangs, the latch for the storage compartment broke. The car is also under powered with poor acceleration. We got the car fully loaded and it has failed to meet our quality expectations for a $60k+ car. We're now hoping to get rid of it before it completely falls apart.