2014 QX60
By ousoonerrick on
2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I purchased a new QX60 in Houston last week. It only has 550 miles on it at this time. The rear air conditioner does not work properly and the transmission slips when changing from first to second gear when you take off slowly. Extremely disappointed. I bought the car for my wife to drive with our 16 month old twins in tow so they would always be safe when driving. Guess I will just have to hope the transmission does not fail while the kids and wife are out alone.
Favorite Features
style, general performance, interior
Suggested Improvements
Transmission Rear air conditioner
By jheumann
on 10/23/13 07:06 AM (PDT)

How is it that the transmission slips when going from 1st to second? This is a CVT model. I'm guessing that's why you got 3 thumbs down. Can you explain better? So it slips at some point, right? I wonder what that means for a CVT. Intrigued.

By kathydee10
on 10/26/13 16:30 PM (PDT)

My transmission is doing the same. Bought the QX60 in Lafayette, LA 3 weeks ago. I noticed the shuddering immediately at slow speeds (driving around the neighborhood). Also, my gas gauge didn't work when my tank reached 1/4 tank. Transmission will be swapped out next week. Road noise is extremely loud. I'm very disappointed.

By docrw
on 11/20/13 10:54 AM (PST)

The transmission in the QX60 is a CVT, there is no first, second or any gear If you mash the pedal on a CVT it will respond the way you are describing, but it is not slipping. It is just a different sensation than driving a standard transmission.