2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Review: Major problem with this car -

2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Review

2014 Infiniti QX60

Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Supercharger Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Major problem with this car - DO NOT BUY THE HYBRID!!
By greggnyc on

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid two months ago in March 2014.
I immediately noticed that I am getting a combined 15 mpg on the trip computer (not the 25/28 mpg as advertised).

After having the Infiniti dealer (Infiniti Manhasset) tell me there is nothing they can do, I reached out to Infiniti USA.
They asked that I do a manual calculation by tracking how many miles I have driven on the odometer and how many gallons of gas it takes to fill up from the last fill up.
After going through this exercise, the calculation was still right around 15 mpg (15.4 mpg to be exact).
Infiniti USA told me yesterday that there is nothing they can do to help me .
Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By drenmatt
on 09/26/14 11:57 AM (PDT)

Yes, I have the same 2014 QX60 hybrid. This vehicle flat out does no way NEAR the advertised 25/28 MPG. Online forums are full of people like us having the EXACT same issue. It is RARE that I see someone post big numbers unless they reset their fuel mileage computer on cruise control going slightly downhill for a long time, then the highway can show as high as 28MPG. It is RARE though, let me tell you. I average at best 23.5 mpg on the highway in Eco mode using cruise control "babying" the vehicle with climate control off. In the city using the exact same controls, babying the gas pedal, eco mode, premium fuel, its gets around 18 to 19 mpg tops. Ridiculous. Could be the beginning of a class action lawsuit or, Infiniti should suck it up and send every QX60 AQD hybrid owner a $3,000.00 check to make up for the terrible fuel milage over an average 39 month lease.