2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Review: Infiniti offers horrible suppo

2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Review

Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Supercharger Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Infiniti offers horrible support
By qx60hybridscam on

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD, $60,000. Window sticker says 25-28mpg, combined 26. I'm just over 4,000 miles. The best I've seen is 22mpg. That was fillup in Seattle, drive I-5 to Portland, turn around and straight back to Seattle. Cruise control the whole way. My regular fill ups are 18mpg. Total crap! Told service Manager at dealership I bought it from. They drove it for a week and they got 19mpg. So we have a problem, right. All the service tests they did showed the car operating optimally. So they called infiniti and we opened a case. infiniti engineer came, drove 51 miles on 1.8 gallons which equaled 28.3mpg. I said how did you do that? He couldn't tell me because it was proprietary!

It's a passive hybrid. It does not propel the car. Only kicks into hybrid when your stopped. Fix the window sticker. It should not say 25-28mpg! The infiniti engineer, Joe Dill, would not let me ride on his 51 mile test drive, nor would he tell me how he achieved 28.33 mpg. I'm a 42 year old man, and he told me to re-evaluate my driving style. Use cruise control between stop lights, obey posted speed limits, time red lights so you don't come to stops, roll windows down under 40mph, use CC above 40mph. Basically just wiped his hands clean, and said "I don't know what to tell you." Still have never got anything close to 28mpg. The best I get around town is 18-19mpg and I drive like a grandma!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review