Do the doors close on anyone else?
By slboston on
2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
The day after I bought this car, I noticed that when I opened the doors, they would quickly close in on me. The same thing was happening with the rear doors and hit my kids on their way in and out of the car. I brought it to the attention of the dealer who said it was how the car was designed and that the doors are "heavy" and "safe" and that's why this was happening. I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs as well, and have not gotten anywhere with them either. I was told I could break my lease for $1500. I am not happy with the visibility in the rear window and also find the car way too long. The inside console area is very small and doesn't hold much.
Favorite Features
Heated steering wheel, more rear legroom than other cars
Suggested Improvements
I could go on and on.... A roomier front console, more front door storage, better visibility in rear window, doors that don't hit you when getting in and out of the vehicle, a navigation system which allows you or a passenger to actually touch the screen for directions while driving (instead of having to speak what you want).
By jaxworld
on 10/21/13 21:48 PM (PDT)

Your complaints don't make any sense. I have two girls and they don't have any issues getting in and out of the car. You must be a really small guy. No vehicle allows you to input directions in the navigation system while the car is going over 5mph, you can only access stored locations. That's a federal NHTSA rule. If you need more room then this, you should be driving a mini van.