2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Review: city mpg rating is a sham

2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Review

2014 Infiniti QX60

Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Supercharger Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

city mpg rating is a sham
By qxcouldbbetter on

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Update Feb-2016:
its been over two years since purchase. happy overall. MPG is still a scam (more findings below). automated highway driving is scary!
quality of switches, leather, seats, handles, screens are high and so far no issues
paint is holding out pretty well but i do have a single chip where car's door hit my door. its been there for ~ 1.5 years and hasn't got worse (no rust). scratches are minimal (inside door handle dips, and single light scratch on door)
MPGs for my drivers average to ~ 22MPG (80% highway / 20% city) - this is with 20" wheels, towing kit, ECO mode all the time. the 22MPG is with air conditioner on. turn off air conditioner, MPG goes up to 25.3!!! WTF - ~15% difference?! most of my driving REQUIRES air conditioner due to weather so this is a big issue.
automated highway driving - if there is a large obstruction in middle of highway, the car not sense it and plow right into it. its only when there is a moving object (vehicle) in front, when the car senses the manages acceleration/brakes. if this is important to you, look into new models or other vehicles.

~Jan-2014:
I've had the qx60 hybrid and for about 3 mo now, 2300 miles.
If I knew how poorly hybrid performs in the city (supposed to be hybrid vehicle strength) I would not have gone for hybrid.

Let me repeat this, the car is great! Lots of room, great safety features, but I want my money back for "hybrid" part. City mpg of 25 is nowhere to be found, no matter how slow or fast acceleration, ease of breaking, Ac/no ac, no matter what I tried.
I max out around 15mpg on a good day around city and hit as low as 9mpg occasionally without trying.

Infiniti, I hope you are listening and are not going to drop your customers now that we have given you the money.

• Acceleration

• Bluetooth
  • Navigation
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ssdra
on 03/01/14 14:19 PM (PST)

I have been on the fence between buying the 14 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid, but I think I am leaning toward the new 14 Toyota Highlander Hybrid since reading these reviews.