As CR recently affirmed, QX60 quality is lacking. Just about every trim piece, whether inside or outside is falling off or has fallen off. Even the plastic Infiniti label on the back hatch is in the process of falling off. The tires lasted a whopping 25k miles, and, at 20", they are very expensive. The rear brakes and rotors failed at 20k miles. It is under-powered, the CVT is annoying, it doesn't get particular good mileage, and the steering response feels like there is a rubber band between the steering wheel and wheels. The wind noise increases by the day (the car is simply falling apart), and it is not due to the failing seals because the dealer replaced the seals.
Electronic gimmicks work well, e.g., lane assist, automatic braking, etc.
We test drove every luxury SUV on the market today, even the gas guzzlers. As soon as we pulled out of the car lot, we knew this was the one. Great performance, reliability and more. I have had a Lexus 4 door car, and a Mercedes E class. This is by far the best of them all. The price is descent. And all the complaints here, sounds like the repair shop is the problem. Erg, I understand the aggravations, but trust me, Mercedes and Lexus is just as bad. Sucks when you pay good money for bad service. Even had a Toyota, same crap there too.
By far, this SUV is a great choice.
Tire pressure gauge on all tires, not just a tire low light. Ran into my garage corner (haha, wife doesn't know), not a scratch......have 4 kids, drive to South Alabama from Chicago each year, LOTS of room, very comfortable.
Great "pick up" for passing.
We purchased this car brand new and were excited to size down from a Suburban. By 8000miles we started having problems and had to have the transmission replaced before 10,000. Thought it was a fluke but asked 2 other carpool moms and they have also replaced their transmissions! Considering returning under Washington's lemon law. This is not what we expected with a $60,000 car.
First high-end vehicle I could afford, but maybe I should have kept my Hyundai Tuscon. It cost half as much as the QX60 and had NO maintenance issues. This is a pretty car,but it's a rattle trap. It has been in the shop at least four times and they still cannot get rid of them. The airbag indicator light has been "fixed" 3 times. The roof rail was replaced because the rubber sealing strip kept coming out at highway speed or a washing. Obviously poor construction or engineering. The dealership has certainly tried to make it right, but all the fun and pride of ownership is ruined. Each repair visit took 5-10 days! I should have gone with the Acura MDX as my brother suggested.
Interior and exterior styling. Comfort. Cargo room.
Engineer the vehicle without rattles. The QX 80 that I drove as a loaner also squeaked and rattled, but the sedan loaners were quiet. What's with these SUV's?
I will not buy another Infiniti. "Luxury" does not necessarily mean quality.
[non-permissible content removed]. So far I have driven only 260 miles and am getting only 16 mpg, rarely 17 mpeg mostly doing city driving, as yet to take it on a long drive.
Exterior look of the vehicle is great, and interior just complements it. Mine is white with wheat interior, it overall looks very sophisticated. My vehicle is with Premium plus package, theater package and driver assistance package. Really like the driver assistance package. When engaged, it does apply brake to reduce collision.
1. Exterior look is great and interior only complements.
2. Many features are just available by pressing the buttons on the steering wheel
3. Driver Assistance Package is great, minimum one should have for a premium vehicle, although would love to have the technology package included combined with driver assist package.
4. 2nd row moves forward and backward that gives good leg space for shorter individual for 3rd row.
1. Height of 3rd row seat if increased by few inches then even average height individual can seat comfortably.
2. 3rd row head rest size should be reduced, it unnecessary blocks lot of view to the back.
3. Wheels need to be bit more shiny as the current one that comes factory default attracts lot of dirt & dust.
4. Touch screen need to respond a bit more faster, current one feels very sluggish.
5. for AWD vehicles, some where on the back side it should mention that its AWD, other wise one can come to know only through VIN, neither you can come to know from interior, no mention any where at all.
6. Pickup in Eco mode is very sluggish.