Used 2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Don't Do It!
By Kristen Sotos

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2014 QX60 after thoroughly researching all mid sizes luxury SUV's. I have always driven a Toyota so this was my first experience owning an Infiniti. The car worked beautifully for 18 months. THEN....
Car starting having start up issues on July 2015. Several times a week it would take 3-4 tries to start the vehicle. I presumed it was the battery. At that time they the dealership jump started my battery which they said was still good and told me to drive my car more often. Lol! Then several weeks later problem with starting the car returns. I hold off on bringing the car in until September when the car does not start one morning. Infiniti road service jumps my car and the dealership agrees to replace my battery. Three days later my car stalls twice while driving the car in reverse and the power steering fails while vehicle is in drive. Took the car in the next morning (Monday) and they checked it and said everything seemed fine:( LUCKILY while pulling the car back from the service garage the car stalls for the service technician. At that point I was given a loaner vehicle. During this visit they noticed that a wire was loose underneath the car. I believe it was the body control module wire that was loose. For this visit they really thought they had the problem solved and return the car to me the following day. Four days later the car stalls again while driving and does not starting on the first try. I returned it to the dealership and got a loaner for the second time. During this time they replaced the hybrid battery as well as the key remote battery and they even replaced the new battery just to make sure all batteries were new at the same time. The kept my car for 2 weeks just to be sure it was fixed before returning it to me. Four days later car takes 3 tries to start so I take it directly to the dealership and got another loaner vehicle. During this visit they have been replacing both the hybrid computer and the body control module computer. They have had my vehicle for 3 weeks. The vehicle is still not working so now they think they will replace the harness! Oh and by the way, while the vehicle was at the dealership for 3 weeks parallel parked in an unofficial parking spot in a lot that is overcrowded a delivery truck backs into my vehicle and now the side bumper needs to be replaced. Estimate for damages is 4000 K! I have never has this kind of experience with a car in my life. My first Luxury vehicle is my least reliable car ever. I have started the buy back process with Infiniti and I will do my best to warn others to not waste their time or money on these cars.

Passenger Unsafe At Any Speed
By Ira Powell

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our passenger airbag remains off frequently when there is a full size adult passenger in the front seat with their seat belt fastened and the seat properly adjusted (warning light on dash indicates airbag is off). We have provided video evidence of the problem, but since the dealer's test equipment finds no fault, they refuse to replace any parts or make further adjustments. The manufacturer sent a technical expert to examine the car, and he agreed with the dealer that without a computer stored fault no action would be taken. After viewing the several videos, their position remains unchanged. We have owned BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota, Chevrolet and Cadilac cars in the recent past, and in all cases have been pleased with warranty support. This is our first and last Infiniti. Also our last purchase from The Porter Group in Newark, DE.

Not the quality we expected
By Merrill

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me start by saying we loved this car the first year we had it. It's beautiful and comfortable and we loved the safety features. However, we have had this car for less than two years and it is literally falling apart at the seams. Our transmission failed at 50k miles, the seals on the roof came out and started flapping in the wind, the front console trim cracked in multiple places, the seals around the vents are coming out (not even sure how!), the driver visor broke and now just hangs, the latch for the storage compartment broke. The car is also under powered with poor acceleration. We got the car fully loaded and it has failed to meet our quality expectations for a $60k+ car. We're now hoping to get rid of it before it completely falls apart.

Dangerous Vehicle!!!
By Susan Hubbard

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased my QX 60 in June 2014. By the end of July, with approximately 4,000 miles on the car, I had MAJOR transmission problems. The car would jerk and jut, accelerating and decelerating very hard and on its own without my foot on the gas! From that day on until 3 weeks ago I had my car in and out of service every couple of months because of transmission problems they could not diagnose (it has a horrible shutter that jerks the car around). FINALLY, they put an update on my car 13 months after I purchased it and of course it told them to replace the transmission. This is a known problem that service writers, techs and many customers have experienced.

I had my new transmission in 2 weeks and it did the same thing!!!! Three weeks after my transmission was replaced they had to put in another. In addition to a horribly built transmission the adaptive cruise control, which maintains a specific distance from the car in front of it while using cruise control is seriously dangerous and life threatening. When a large vehicle, like a semi-truck, passes on the right the vehicle will brake very hard trying to bring it to a stop. When you are driving 80 MPH on the interstate you put your life in your hands because any vehicles following behind have no idea you will brake that suddenly for no reason. Again, this is a known issue with service writers and techs. It can be terrifying to experience.

I am in the process of working with the state to have Infiniti purchase my car back due to the lemon laws. Wish me luck!

So far So good
By crash

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The reviews I've read sound scary! I haven't owned mine long but I've done a long road trip with it. Others have mentioned poor gas mileage. I don't fully disagree, but I've been watching my driving habits and my mileage has been improving. At first I was getting a combined 16.5 mpg. My overall average has improved to 21.5 and my last few fill ups were around the 23.5 mpg range. I now leave it in ECO mostly and switch to sport in city traffic or when I know I'll need more responsive acceleration.
I haven't had any quality issues yet with trim or paint, but do worry about that as the trim pieces do seem a little fragile or cheap.

So, I am concerned based on other reviews. But, so far I LOVE this car. It is very quiet which is important to me. Its a very smooth ride too, also important. I just returned from a 7 day, 2700 mile road trip and I find the car to be very comfortable. I bought this car used, and had planned on buying the Audi Q7, but was having difficulties finding the right used one at the right price and then drove this and loved it. I should mention that the one I bought came with all the packages, and I'm very pleased with all the features, especially the adaptive or intelligent cruise control.

So, so far I'm very happy, and hopefully I won't have some of the problems others mention.