2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti Qx60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

As much time in the shop as at home
By hotrod5

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First high-end vehicle I could afford, but maybe I should have kept my Hyundai Tuscon. It cost half as much as the QX60 and had NO maintenance issues. This is a pretty car,but it's a rattle trap. It has been in the shop at least four times and they still cannot get rid of them. The airbag indicator light has been "fixed" 3 times. The roof rail was replaced because the rubber sealing strip kept coming out at highway speed or a washing. Obviously poor construction or engineering. The dealership has certainly tried to make it right, but all the fun and pride of ownership is ruined. Each repair visit took 5-10 days! I should have gone with the Acura MDX as my brother suggested.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Comfort. Cargo room. Luxury brand.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer the vehicle without rattles. The QX 80 that I drove as a loaner also squeaked and rattled, but the sedan loaners were quiet. What's with these SUV's? I will not buy another Infiniti. "Luxury" does not necessarily mean quality.

Premium Family vehicle
By bpal

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

[non-permissible content removed]. So far I have driven only 260 miles and am getting only 16 mpg, rarely 17 mpeg mostly doing city driving, as yet to take it on a long drive. Exterior look of the vehicle is great, and interior just complements it. Mine is white with wheat interior, it overall looks very sophisticated. My vehicle is with Premium plus package, theater package and driver assistance package. Really like the driver assistance package. When engaged, it does apply brake to reduce collision.

Favorite Features

1. Exterior look is great and interior only complements. 2. Many features are just available by pressing the buttons on the steering wheel 3. Driver Assistance Package is great, minimum one should have for a premium vehicle, although would love to have the technology package included combined with driver assist package. 4. 2nd row moves forward and backward that gives good leg space for shorter individual for 3rd row.

Suggested Improvements

1. Height of 3rd row seat if increased by few inches then even average height individual can seat comfortably. 2. 3rd row head rest size should be reduced, it unnecessary blocks lot of view to the back. 3. Wheels need to be bit more shiny as the current one that comes factory default attracts lot of dirt & dust. 4. Touch screen need to respond a bit more faster, current one feels very sluggish. 5. for AWD vehicles, some where on the back side it should mention that its AWD, other wise one can come to know only through VIN, neither you can come to know from interior, no mention any where at all. 6. Pickup in Eco mode is very sluggish.

Constant creaking and rattling
By ram_c

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car about a year back. It's music system and navigation stopped and had to be replaced twice. It constantly has rattling and creaking noise. I have taken it back to the dealership about 10 times and they have not been able to fix it. I recorded the noise on my phone and sent it to them and they have still not been able to fix it. It is such a pain. I will not recommend anyone buy this vehicle. I have reached out to consumer affairs and hope they will be able to address this issue.

Total Sham!!!
By cbe1970

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

26-28 MPG? What a sham! I've had the car for 6 months, have approximately 5000 miles on it and average about 16 MPG! The car has been back over 3 times to the dealer. Each time they tell us there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. They even kept the car one day and took it on various trips on the highway, off the highway, idling in a parking lot, etc.Ö and claim that they were able to get the car up to 26 MPG. Since then, we'íve come to find out that the Hybrid does not work when the air conditioning is on. Really? I live in Florida! The air conditioning is ALWAYS on. It would have been nice if this were brought to my attention by the dealer, prior to me leasing the car.

Favorite Features

Not even worth mentioning because the MPG I'm getting takes the joy out of everything else!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a true Hybrid or pull it from the market. I'ím beyond disappointed and can't believe that I'ím stuck with this stupid car for 3 years! You can be sure that I will NEVER EVER buy or lease another Infiniti again! Don't waste your money!

Build quality subpar - fit and finish issues
By stim

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First I've only owned (leased) it for a few weeks and have only 600 miles on the car. Rear passenger door interior panel needed to be replaced - installed poorly and was cracked. Dash has several rattles and creaks. Roof rail was improperly installed (missing clip) and the passenger front door has a paint run. Also rear passenger door seal plastic was put on wrong (cracked). Seal was replaced, door fixed and the roof rail was reattached but the paint issue and rattles still exist. Contacted Infiniti directly and they did push the dealer to fix the car ASAP but the build quality is pretty poor compared to other imports or even some US manufacturers.

Favorite Features

Driver's aids are great, sound system is excellent. Cargo and interior space is fantastic. Seat comfort is great - firm but still very comfortable. Compared to a Lexus RX350 which is mushy this is far better. Seat cooler actually does work properly unlike my Lexus which doesn't cool. Nav system is an improvement.

Suggested Improvements

Infotainment system sound quality is great but the interface is pretty basic. Need to link center cluster with nav system. MPG, etc. should be linked not separate system. PLEASE make a app that does remote start. Infiniti Connection is pretty poor and NOT worth a subscription. The information portion is totally worthless. Stock data, news is useless. For long term ownership you cannot get small parts to fix small things. Clips, buttons, etc. so minor repairs require you to purchase entire sections of parts. This makes things very expensive past warranty. My clip on the upper roof rail required dealer to order the entire piece - very expensive for a 1.00 clip.