Used 2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Love it!
By Chloe

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Infinity needs to catch up!
By Cardinalrain

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very comfortable SUV that offers very little for features and user friendly controls. The controls on the dash are far inferior to many lower priced vehicles and the capabilities are inferior to most SUV's on the road. The 2014 dash has since been replaced but Infinity continues to complicate controls, limit the range of controls and fails to connect the user the ways many other vehicles can. The ride is extremely noisy for a "Luxury" brand, the features are far less than other manufacturers and I'm very disappointed with my purchase. I'd suggest looking at other options unless a SUV is with limited features is what is needed. The cabin is roomy and comfortable but that is where my positive reviews will end.

Passenger Unsafe At Any Speed
By Ira Powell

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our passenger airbag remains off frequently when there is a full size adult passenger in the front seat with their seat belt fastened and the seat properly adjusted (warning light on dash indicates airbag is off). We have provided video evidence of the problem, but since the dealer's test equipment finds no fault, they refuse to replace any parts or make further adjustments. The manufacturer sent a technical expert to examine the car, and he agreed with the dealer that without a computer stored fault no action would be taken. After viewing the several videos, their position remains unchanged. We have owned BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota, Chevrolet and Cadilac cars in the recent past, and in all cases have been pleased with warranty support. This is our first and last Infiniti. Also our last purchase from The Porter Group in Newark, DE.

Not the quality we expected
By Merrill

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me start by saying we loved this car the first year we had it. It's beautiful and comfortable and we loved the safety features. However, we have had this car for less than two years and it is literally falling apart at the seams. Our transmission failed at 50k miles, the seals on the roof came out and started flapping in the wind, the front console trim cracked in multiple places, the seals around the vents are coming out (not even sure how!), the driver visor broke and now just hangs, the latch for the storage compartment broke. The car is also under powered with poor acceleration. We got the car fully loaded and it has failed to meet our quality expectations for a $60k+ car. We're now hoping to get rid of it before it completely falls apart.

Dangerous Vehicle!!!
By Susan Hubbard

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased my QX 60 in June 2014. By the end of July, with approximately 4,000 miles on the car, I had MAJOR transmission problems. The car would jerk and jut, accelerating and decelerating very hard and on its own without my foot on the gas! From that day on until 3 weeks ago I had my car in and out of service every couple of months because of transmission problems they could not diagnose (it has a horrible shutter that jerks the car around). FINALLY, they put an update on my car 13 months after I purchased it and of course it told them to replace the transmission. This is a known problem that service writers, techs and many customers have experienced.

I had my new transmission in 2 weeks and it did the same thing!!!! Three weeks after my transmission was replaced they had to put in another. In addition to a horribly built transmission the adaptive cruise control, which maintains a specific distance from the car in front of it while using cruise control is seriously dangerous and life threatening. When a large vehicle, like a semi-truck, passes on the right the vehicle will brake very hard trying to bring it to a stop. When you are driving 80 MPH on the interstate you put your life in your hands because any vehicles following behind have no idea you will brake that suddenly for no reason. Again, this is a known issue with service writers and techs. It can be terrifying to experience.

I am in the process of working with the state to have Infiniti purchase my car back due to the lemon laws. Wish me luck!