2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

So far So good
By crash

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The reviews I've read sound scary! I haven't owned mine long but I've done a long road trip with it. Others have mentioned poor gas mileage. I don't fully disagree, but I've been watching my driving habits and my mileage has been improving. At first I was getting a combined 16.5 mpg. My overall average has improved to 21.5 and my last few fill ups were around the 23.5 mpg range. I now leave it in ECO mostly and switch to sport in city traffic or when I know I'll need more responsive acceleration. I haven't had any quality issues yet with trim or paint, but do worry about that as the trim pieces do seem a little fragile or cheap. So, I am concerned based on other reviews. But, so far I LOVE this car. It is very quiet which is important to me. Its a very smooth ride too, also important. I just returned from a 7 day, 2700 mile road trip and I find the car to be very comfortable. I bought this car used, and had planned on buying the Audi Q7, but was having difficulties finding the right used one at the right price and then drove this and loved it. I should mention that the one I bought came with all the packages, and I'm very pleased with all the features, especially the adaptive or intelligent cruise control. So, so far I'm very happy, and hopefully I won't have some of the problems others mention.

Problematic Car
By Steven S

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has had many issues which include electrical, transmission and fluid leaks. The MSRP for this vehicle was almost $60,000. Infiniti USA was not helpful in resolving the issues nor was the dealership where the car was purchased. My wife and I have spoken with other individuals who have had many problems with the same vehicle. I will never buy an Infiniti/Nissan again. I recently saw where Infiniti's quality ratings were at the bottom, no surprise there.

Worst purchase decision EVER!
By D.B.

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very disappointed in this purchase. Upgraded from a Honda Oddessey and I regret this decision wholeheartedly. IT IS THE ROUGHEST RIDE EVER AND INCREDIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE. I didn't realize how horrific the ride is while test driving because that is usually a quick ride. I am constantly yelling at my husband to stop driving like a maniac but am realizing it must be the car'mechanics or suspension. Either way, I dislike the feel and comfort of the car more and more everyday. I recall it driving slightly smoother the first 3 months we had it and now 10 months in, we're all bouncing out of the seats. My kids really dislike riding in the back seats. (I feel terrible because they weren't with us when be test drove it.) The engine is getting louder by the day. I don't care for the way this car shifts gears. Seems love it revs up very high before finally settling into the right gear. The lift hate is rusted underneath the chrome panels. It is currently in the body shop getting replaced. Let me remind you the car isn't even a year old yet! The temperature is never just right; either too hot or too cold. The back seat vents are sparse which is likely the reason for the fluctuation in temperature. I'm getting roughly 18.2 mpg but do travel frequently. 15k mile "recommended service" is $450+. Ray Catena's complimentary car wash is a joke. Very sloppy on the cleaning overall. My car still had sticker residue on the outside after a few washed by the dealer. I took it to a car wash and paid for the job to be done right. It was like night and day. Overall very disappointed. Should have gone with the MDX. You can't see out the back window when the 3rd row headrests are up and in use.

Love my car, but...
By wpgirl

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I gave performance a 3 because at times when I go to accelerate, it is not smooth. I was sitting in traffic and when it was time to move, I pressed on the gas and the car did a sort "chug, chug, chug" and a vibration when it moved. Has anyone else had this problem? I've taken it in for servicing, but they don't know what the problem is.

Factory Paint Defects
By Greg Wolfenbarger

2014 Infiniti QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BUYER BEWARE!!!. The test of a great company is when they have to deal with a customer issue and how they resolve the issue and make the customer a long time loyal customer. Just bought a brand new Infiniti 2014 QX60 in January 2015 with less than 525 miles (the car was delivered with the paint issues) and found manufacturer paint defect issues and Infiniti Affairs has refused to repurchase or trade out the vehicle and have not accepted responsibility for their paint defects. Infiniti Corp has also ignored the dealer, Infiniti of Dayton, who agreed and provided documentation to the BBB that there are manufacturers defects in the paint. Infiniti Corp's response is "we will cover the costs