2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:
Not what I thought I was getting
By skill1 on 10/31/14 12:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased this car brand new and were excited to size down from a Suburban. By 8000miles we started having problems and had to have the transmission replaced before 10,000. Thought it was a fluke but asked 2 other carpool moms and they have also replaced their transmissions! Considering returning under Washington's lemon law. This is not what we expected with a $60,000 car.

As much time in the shop as at home
By hotrod5 on 10/27/14 15:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First high-end vehicle I could afford, but maybe I should have kept my Hyundai Tuscon. It cost half as much as the QX60 and had NO maintenance issues. This is a pretty car,but it's a rattle trap. It has been in the shop at least four times and they still cannot get rid of them. The airbag indicator light has been "fixed" 3 times. The roof rail was replaced because the rubber sealing strip kept coming out at highway speed or a washing. Obviously poor construction or engineering. The dealership has certainly tried to make it right, but all the fun and pride of ownership is ruined. Each repair visit took 5-10 days! I should have gone with the Acura MDX as my brother suggested.

Premium Family vehicle
By bpal on 10/17/14 08:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

[non-permissible content removed]. So far I have driven only 260 miles and am getting only 16 mpg, rarely 17 mpeg mostly doing city driving, as yet to take it on a long drive. Exterior look of the vehicle is great, and interior just complements it. Mine is white with wheat interior, it overall looks very sophisticated. My vehicle is with Premium plus package, theater package and driver assistance package. Really like the driver assistance package. When engaged, it does apply brake to reduce collision.

Constant creaking and rattling
By ram_c on 10/15/14 17:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car about a year back. It's music system and navigation stopped and had to be replaced twice. It constantly has rattling and creaking noise. I have taken it back to the dealership about 10 times and they have not been able to fix it. I recorded the noise on my phone and sent it to them and they have still not been able to fix it. It is such a pain. I will not recommend anyone buy this vehicle. I have reached out to consumer affairs and hope they will be able to address this issue.

Total Sham!!!
By cbe1970 on 09/18/14 12:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

26-28 MPG? What a sham! I've had the car for 6 months, have approximately 5000 miles on it and average about 16 MPG! The car has been back over 3 times to the dealer. Each time they tell us there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. They even kept the car one day and took it on various trips on the highway, off the highway, idling in a parking lot, etc.… and claim that they were able to get the car up to 26 MPG. Since then, we'’ve come to find out that the Hybrid does not work when the air conditioning is on. Really? I live in Florida! The air conditioning is ALWAYS on. It would have been nice if this were brought to my attention by the dealer, prior to me leasing the car.

Build quality subpar - fit and finish issues
By stim on 08/05/14 22:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First I've only owned (leased) it for a few weeks and have only 600 miles on the car. Rear passenger door interior panel needed to be replaced - installed poorly and was cracked. Dash has several rattles and creaks. Roof rail was improperly installed (missing clip) and the passenger front door has a paint run. Also rear passenger door seal plastic was put on wrong (cracked). Seal was replaced, door fixed and the roof rail was reattached but the paint issue and rattles still exist. Contacted Infiniti directly and they did push the dealer to fix the car ASAP but the build quality is pretty poor compared to other imports or even some US manufacturers.

Excellent vehicle if you can live with rattles
By texas81 on 07/27/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our QX60 is a great all-around vehicle. It has excellent rear cargo storage, the seats are comfortable, and fuel economy is very good for this segment. We would be completely satisfied except for one major flaw- rattles are abound in every corner of the vehicle. Within about 1,000 miles, the doors started rattling. Soon thereafter, the dash started rattling in multiple locations. We love so much about this vehicle, but the rattles are such a daily annoyance that this will likely be our last Infiniti. Such a disappointment for an otherwise excellent vehicle.

QX60 transmission failure @ 300 miles
By dmitryo on 07/25/14 15:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Worst experience ever, Transmission failed after 300 miles. Infiniti refuses to replace the car. Car is in the shop longer than was at my house. Customer care does not return calls and this has lasted over a month now. Had very scary experience entering the highway when transmission gave out.

The hybrid is a scam
By qx60_scam on 07/15/14 15:00 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Sticker on it was 25 City / 28 Hwy. Actual has been around 16 City / 21 Hwy, no better than the all-gas version, which is $3,000 cheaper. The fuel gauge often jumps from 1/4 tank to empty, and the display goes from ~50 miles to "---". The hybrid battery gauge has 6 bars and a charge indicator. At stops it frequently runs the engine without charging battery, even though the charge is only at 2-3 bars. The only time I've seen the battery charged over 5 bars was on a long downhill trip where it charged with regenerative braking. Had the car 3 months and didn't even know it went up to 6 bars until that trip. The dealership has been evasive and unable to address the above issues.

Built to perform
By california11 on 06/07/14 23:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the fully loaded QX60 Hybrid Front wheel in March 2014. I enjoy the smooth, comfortable and quiet ride. I just made it to 5000 miles. I mostly drive in a normal mode, shown by the "dot" on the dial knob.The city and highway mileage combined gives 26 MPG. For the highway, it gives up to 29 MPG. Look at the MPG bar on the center display panel and learn to drive accordingly to get better MPG. When possible, hit the brakes slowly and see how hybrid battery charges. No premium gas needed. It is not a race car, but if you want to drive that way you can (switch dial to sport mode), may not get best MPG.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Infiniti QX60 in VA is:

$116 per month*