2014 Infiniti QX60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Worst purchase decision EVER!
By D.B.

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very disappointed in this purchase. Upgraded from a Honda Oddessey and I regret this decision wholeheartedly. IT IS THE ROUGHEST RIDE EVER AND INCREDIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE. I didn't realize how horrific the ride is while test driving because that is usually a quick ride. I am constantly yelling at my husband to stop driving like a maniac but am realizing it must be the car'mechanics or suspension. Either way, I dislike the feel and comfort of the car more and more everyday. I recall it driving slightly smoother the first 3 months we had it and now 10 months in, we're all bouncing out of the seats. My kids really dislike riding in the back seats. (I feel terrible because they weren't with us when be test drove it.) The engine is getting louder by the day. I don't care for the way this car shifts gears. Seems love it revs up very high before finally settling into the right gear. The lift hate is rusted underneath the chrome panels. It is currently in the body shop getting replaced. Let me remind you the car isn't even a year old yet! The temperature is never just right; either too hot or too cold. The back seat vents are sparse which is likely the reason for the fluctuation in temperature. I'm getting roughly 18.2 mpg but do travel frequently. 15k mile "recommended service" is $450+. Ray Catena's complimentary car wash is a joke. Very sloppy on the cleaning overall. My car still had sticker residue on the outside after a few washed by the dealer. I took it to a car wash and paid for the job to be done right. It was like night and day. Overall very disappointed. Should have gone with the MDX. You can't see out the back window when the 3rd row headrests are up and in use.

New Transmission on my 2014 SUV QX60 Hybrid
By qx602014owner

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can't believe how many problems this car has with only 10 months old. First the headlamp had to be replaced, next the complete headliner also replaced ($4k value) the window motor wasn't working, passenger door not opening from inside (no child lock on) and now needs new transmission [non-permissible content removed]! It's a nightmare, I also drive a 1997 jaguar xj6 that only asks for gas! Ahh! and the MPG illusion never goes above 19mpg average. Complete disappointment. i live in NYC if anyone around has same problems, check New York Lemon Law.I may use it soon!

Brake assistant.

All

Love my car, but...
By wpgirl

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I gave performance a 3 because at times when I go to accelerate, it is not smooth. I was sitting in traffic and when it was time to move, I pressed on the gas and the car did a sort "chug, chug, chug" and a vibration when it moved. Has anyone else had this problem? I've taken it in for servicing, but they don't know what the problem is.

QX60 is not for everyone
By qx60driver

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a G35 for 13 years, it took a bit to get use to QX60 Hybrid. It is perfect when you drive the wife, 2 kids and their stuff. And you still have room to offer another family to come alone. Or like me, you do not remember when was your last speeding ticket. My last one was 17 years ago. I know we need a minivan but can not imagine being seen in one. QX60 fits the bill, plus the 4WD. I enjoy seeing 26 to 29 mpg routinely with regular gas. My record is a 38.1 mpg on a short 10 mile run. Having kids changed my perspective. I no long focus on 0-60 numbers. Someday, I will have my sports car with no child seats. I also got 17 mpg when try to match my G35 experience.

Comfortable interior and smooth ride.

A bigger e motor and battery?

Factory Paint Defects
By Greg Wolfenbarger

2014 Infiniti QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BUYER BEWARE!!!. The test of a great company is when they have to deal with a customer issue and how they resolve the issue and make the customer a long time loyal customer. Just bought a brand new Infiniti 2014 QX60 in January 2015 with less than 525 miles (the car was delivered with the paint issues) and found manufacturer paint defect issues and Infiniti Affairs has refused to repurchase or trade out the vehicle and have not accepted responsibility for their paint defects. Infiniti Corp has also ignored the dealer, Infiniti of Dayton, who agreed and provided documentation to the BBB that there are manufacturers defects in the paint. Infiniti Corp's response is "we will cover the costs