Used 2011 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Infiniti QX56

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Don't Buy this vehicle!!!
By Dave

2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I love the looks and feel and driving ability of this car. However, I bought it(2011 qx56) used at 43,000 miles and at 50,000 -60,000 it needed catalytic converter,
air compressor, timing chain. Thankfully we had factory AND extended warranty that covered these repairs which probably came to over $10,000 in total. Then at about 65,000 a basketball bounced on the right hand passenger review mirror and broke it to wear it hung loose. It could not be repaired, had to replaced. A new one was $1200.00 (no warranty) because of the sensors and fancy camera it costs that much. Then when my battery died and left me stranded we went down the street bought another battery to replace it the car which evidently caused the fuse link to go bad so we had to get it towed $115, get a new fuse link $200 and after I picked it up went home and realized the headlights don't come on at all so now I have to go back AGAIN to get that fixed. Oh.....and after I picked it from getting one of the other major repairs done (it was winter and cold) and the service guys turned my heat on 90+ to help the freshly shampoo'd carpet to dry which caused a huge crack in my windshield. So needless to say this car has been a beautifully driving headache. Not to mention the deprecitiation has gone down crazy. I have always owned Toyota, Acura, Honda. Will NEVER buy another Infiniti again. Beautiful cars and they drive great but they are not dependable as far as I have experienced. I need to note that the service tech at the dealership have always been kind, fast, professional and gave me a loaner vehicle each time which was a positive experience.

2011Infiniti QX56 79000 miles needs timming chain!
By Carloss

2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

So if you are looking for a 2011and up Infiniti QX56 you are making a huge mistake !
We bought this car basically to fulfill the large space when you have a large family so important things like reliability and been Japanese car it was a plus. Well this car has been only but problems since day one.
So far:

1- Mildew smell coming from A/C Evaporator due to bad flaw design and yeah won't be replaced by the dealership (Car under warranty)
2- Fan Clutch replacement. (They replace this, oh WOW)
3- Windshield frame rusted. (Dealership: Sorry you need to take your car to a body shop)
4- Numerous visits to the dealer to inquiry about "check engine light on" it looks like a Christmas Tree inside the dash.
4- Catalytic Converter replacement at 78,000 miles ($1,850.00) they replace one under warranty up 80,000 miles maybe the other one will go bad to heads up !!!!! no warranty left ? no problem $1850.00 please !!!
5- Timing Chain replacement 79,500 miles ($6,000.00) No cover at all even thought everybody with a QX56 or QX80 is having the same problem.

We bough the car with 38,600 miles and it was till under warranty of course a nice thing to have. So the worse part NISSAN (Infiniti) can't care less about your problems specially if you are out of warranty 70,000 miles they. We open a case to seek help about this timing chain replacement but it was pointless because they just don't care. They have lots of customers suffering with the same issue some people bought the car new and they are dealing with the same issues we have on our car. Infiniti put out a service bulletin

Google this:

Classification: EM-002a Reference: ITB13-009a September 4, 2013
2011-2013 QX56 AND M56 Whine Noise from Engine Area.

1- Mildew smell
2- Fan Clutch replacement.
3- Windshield frame rusted.
4- Numerous visits to the dealer to inquiry about "check engine light on"
4- Catalytic Converter replacement at 78,000 miles ($1,850.00)
5- Timing Chain replacement 79,500 miles ($6,000.00)

The Dealer wants your money they know what's wrong with you car but they wont tell you! the more you visit the more money you give them no brainer.

I call Infiniti USA, I open a case to see If there is anything they can do help on some way parts at least nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A women name WENDY Infiniti Regional manager for FL told me on a very mocking evil way " There is nothing we can offer you at this time" REALLY ?

BOTTOM LINE NEVER AGAIN I AM BUYING A NISSAN PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!

Don't be deceived by these 5 Star reviews
By Derek

2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Do some extensive research before purchasing this vehicle. It has a major timing chain issue that will cost you $5,000+ to repair. It also has problems with the catalytic converters which are $2,100+ each to repair as well as othe documented other issues. BUYER BEWARE! Infiniti is aware of these common problems in their "top of the line" vehicle, however they refuse to recall or offer any assistance with the cost of repair. Don't get me wrong, next to a Land Rover Range Rover HSE, this is probably the most luxurious SUV I've driven and I fell in love with all of it's bells and whistles. Unfortunately we will have to soon part ways due to the frequency and cost of repairs at only 90k miles on a well maintained "hi-end" vehicle.

Disappointed Nissan Customer since 1985.

Awesome!
By 11infinitiqx

2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I first bought a QX in 05 when I got my license. Traded in 2010 for my 2011.

All

None

30k miles update
By johnhw

2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Flawless thus far, at 30 miles. Plano, Tx has discovered this great upscale/affordable, luxury SUV. Love the technology, have delux touring, technology and required Entertainment to get the other two. The blind spot warning is great as well as the feature that slows you when you are approaching a stopped vehicle. Helpful without being intrusive and you can turn it off or on too.

Hydraulic suspension option is nice too, no head toss at all in this comfy SUV... had a puppy who got car sick in my luxury cars but not in this smooth riding vehicle... No issues and plan to keep it a long long time... 4 wheel drive works great too, handles ice and big wheels/tires handle bumps/pot holes but smooth