Used 2008 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Everything Done Right
By JB

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are extremely happy with the QX. After looking at everything out there, (and I do mean everything), we chose the QX for its blend of comfort, performance, quality, features and style. There are other vehicles out there that do some of the individual aspects better, but none that impart the thoughtful implementation that makes this vehicle the whole package. Everything is well thought out and very well executed. After living with it for awhile, you realize that all the "little things" are just right, and everything works together in harmony for a delightful driving experience. Exceptional value for the money.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Ergonomics. Exceptional leather. Infiniti Control Center. Interior. Look and feel. Flexible, "torquey" engine.

Suggested Improvements

6 Speed or CVT. Air conditioned seats. True audiophile quality stereo. Adjustable suspension (both height and stiffness.)

Nice Vehicle but Limited Music System
By Dave

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle if you need / want a large SUV and don't mind the poor gas mileage. My only major disappointment was to discover the only method of getting a song onto the hard drive is to rip it directly from an audio CD. Anyone who has spent the time to move their music collection to a computer understands the amount of time this requires and would find it ludicrous to have to do this again in a car one CD at a time. In addition, the Compact Flash slot will only read up to 500 songs regardless of the size of the CF card (A cheap 4 gigabyte CF card will hold approx 1000 songs). These issues limit the usefulness of the music system, but if that is not important, the car is great

Great value vehicle
By Johnhw2

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very pleased with my first SUV. Considered Sequoia and landed on this due to value/features/looks giving it the nod over a great engine/drivetrain for Sequoia. Had the vehicle about a week now and very pleased. Fuel economy is better than I expected.

Favorite Features

Seats are so comfortable, dash, looks - interior and exterior, backup camera, folding mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

More power and additional gears.

Should be SUV of the year
By Julie

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my QX!! We made deal on 2007 then they got their first 2008 in, one look and I had to have it! changes are incredible and the 2008 QX should be SUV of the year. Beautiful inside, beautiful out...we love all the chrome! Luxury top notch. Love the bluetooth capability, the power 3rd row seats, intellicruise, music box is awesome. I buy all my songs on itunes and then load them in, we love that feature! Leather is beautiful, controls are perfectly placed and the power of this baby is hard to beat. First time I stepped on the gas, it gave new meaning to 'stepping on it'. I feel safe with my children in this SUV and we couldn't be happier to be driving this SUV. It deserves more credit!

Favorite Features

Music Box, 20 inch wheels, chrome details, gorgeous leather and wood trim, design, intelicruise, bluetooth, power 3rd row, great sunroom... this car has it all. You just cant beat it!

Suggested Improvements

The only negative is gas mileage but that is typical for powerful SUVs. I had a Suburban for 5 years and this is just about the same as that.

Best Large Luxury SUV, Period
By Luv QX56

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We travel a lot with 2 very tall kids. So when searching for a large SUV, rear legroom is a must. Having looked at all the typical choices (GMC, Chevy, Ford, Cadillac, Toyota, Lexus) once we looked at the Infiniti, nothing else came close. The number of options that are standard are amazing (i.e. heated steering wheel, rear heated seats, auto fold side mirrors, power 3rd row seats, power liftgate, etc.). The interior design and legroom of the QX56 are far superior to the others. The space behind the 3rd row seat is somewhat limited, but rarely do we use that seat. Mileage isn't great, averaging about 15 mpg between city/highway driving, but I knew that going into the purchase.

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel, navigation system, power folding outside mirrors, power liftgate, high quality interior, very comfortable seats throughout.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could use some help, but other than that, this thing has it all.