Used 2008 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

RUST!
By nefouse

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After only a few years the frame on this $65,000 full size SUV began to rust.

It's hard to have a favorite feature when the truck starts rusting

Solve the rust issue. There is no way this should truck should have rust

Very Nice
By Family Man

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have now been driving this Truck for a 2 weeks. I did a small road trip around 400 mile. This truck has a very smooth ride. I would compare to more of a sedan ride. The technology is very user friendly. The cabin is loaded with comfort. The 3rd row is great for little kids which I have. The Dvd is nice and the back cabin heater/ac. The captain chairs in the 2nd row are very nice along with the push button seats. The drivers control area is well thought out. The only real problem with the Truck is the fuel economy. I am getting 11 mpg in city and 16 mgp highway. One has to be able to afford the gas. If you are driving more than 1000 miles a month I would not buy this truck.

The sonor for the cruise control might be the coolest thing since navi. to come out. The smooth ride for a truck this big is awesome. User friendly technology. Very Safe truck. The overall luxury is top of its class.

Fuel Economy. I bought the truck thinking I was going to get around 14 mpg. I am getting 11 in the city and I am driving slow with 2 wheel drive on. On the radio you can only program 6 channels. On a $61,000 truck I should be able to program 12.

2 yrs later- we'd still buy again
By keg97

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We cross shopped tons of large SUVs (MB GL450, Armada, Toyota Sequoia & Land Cruiser, GMC Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX570, ) and this was the obvious choice. The 08 interior upgrade is dramatic and makes this truly feel like a luxury SUV. Lots of technology/luxury (HID lights, keyless start, HDD Navi, Front/Rear Sonar, intelligent cruise control, rear Camera, heated steering wheel, power 3rd row seat etc.) that make this truck feel like a million bucks. The interior is very flexible. We have the bench seat and 2 car seats and can still get 2-3 adults in the 3rd row. We take several trips/year from VA to HH, SC and can get 16/17 MPG even w/Thule box on top. No issues with reliabilty

Heated steering wheel, keyless go, Hard Drive Navi with traffic alerts, front/rear sonar, intelligent cruise control, tons of room. Top notch fit/finish. Great dealer experience and excellent reliability

The styling is ok- it has a face only a mother could love. Then again my wife (who has great taste in things- at least besides her choice in husbands) thinks that it looks classy yet tough and capable. Gas mileage is an obvious concern but what do you expect from a 5K lb truck that can tow 9K lbs

Amazing Truck
By Mike Penfold

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is great, I purchased it to replace my 07 EXT due to a baby on the way. I needed something with better crash ratings. The funny thing is that two days after purchasing the truck, a 75FT tree fell across the highway and I had to go through it at 75MPH. If I were to have the GM, I would most likely not be typing this. This truck saved my wife's and my life. I added a remote starter on the truck. A bit pricey, but extremely useful. Also added an I-Pod attachment that plays video and made it so that I can control the GPS and watch video while driving.

Hands down, the crash rating. Next up would be the size. There is a lot of room is this truck.

The gas mileage needs help, the entertainment setup could use a bit of tweaking.

The pinnacle
By Gus

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The QX-56 is the best SUV secret out there. Stunning fit and finish inside, and excellent engine -- torque and power (mileage is poor though). We get 13 mpg in city driving and 16 mpg highway. If you drive 55, you'd be able to coax 17.5 or 18 mpg highway. Beautiful leather and wood accents. Electronics are abundant and XM Radio is terrific. Not a "beautiful" car on the outside, but still the best I've owned.

Engine torque, tight turning radius, wonderful suspension, roominess, electronics, leather & wood, fit and finish, flexibility/features. Infiniti dealer service.

Trite but true -- mileage. Not sure how one would squeeze better mileage out of this car -- perhaps a turbo-diesel or something of sort.