Used 2008 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
RUST!
By nefouse on 04/04/12 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After only a few years the frame on this $65,000 full size SUV began to rust.

Very Nice
By Family Man on 02/21/10 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have now been driving this Truck for a 2 weeks. I did a small road trip around 400 mile. This truck has a very smooth ride. I would compare to more of a sedan ride. The technology is very user friendly. The cabin is loaded with comfort. The 3rd row is great for little kids which I have. The Dvd is nice and the back cabin heater/ac. The captain chairs in the 2nd row are very nice along with the push button seats. The drivers control area is well thought out. The only real problem with the Truck is the fuel economy. I am getting 11 mpg in city and 16 mgp highway. One has to be able to afford the gas. If you are driving more than 1000 miles a month I would not buy this truck.

2 yrs later- we'd still buy again
By keg97 on 02/16/10 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We cross shopped tons of large SUVs (MB GL450, Armada, Toyota Sequoia & Land Cruiser, GMC Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX570, ) and this was the obvious choice. The 08 interior upgrade is dramatic and makes this truly feel like a luxury SUV. Lots of technology/luxury (HID lights, keyless start, HDD Navi, Front/Rear Sonar, intelligent cruise control, rear Camera, heated steering wheel, power 3rd row seat etc.) that make this truck feel like a million bucks. The interior is very flexible. We have the bench seat and 2 car seats and can still get 2-3 adults in the 3rd row. We take several trips/year from VA to HH, SC and can get 16/17 MPG even w/Thule box on top. No issues with reliabilty

Amazing Truck
By Mike Penfold on 05/17/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is great, I purchased it to replace my 07 EXT due to a baby on the way. I needed something with better crash ratings. The funny thing is that two days after purchasing the truck, a 75FT tree fell across the highway and I had to go through it at 75MPH. If I were to have the GM, I would most likely not be typing this. This truck saved my wife's and my life. I added a remote starter on the truck. A bit pricey, but extremely useful. Also added an I-Pod attachment that plays video and made it so that I can control the GPS and watch video while driving.

The pinnacle
By Gus on 03/28/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The QX-56 is the best SUV secret out there. Stunning fit and finish inside, and excellent engine -- torque and power (mileage is poor though). We get 13 mpg in city driving and 16 mpg highway. If you drive 55, you'd be able to coax 17.5 or 18 mpg highway. Beautiful leather and wood accents. Electronics are abundant and XM Radio is terrific. Not a "beautiful" car on the outside, but still the best I've owned.

A Near-Perfect LuxoBrute
By MountainMan on 03/27/09 21:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had a series of high-end super SUVs, including Landcruisers, Land Rovers, Lexus LX470, and I tested all of their most recent models before buying the QX56. This Infiniti is the best by far. It is huge on the inside, FAR larger than a Landcruiser/LX570 or Range Rover. Far more luxurious and full-featured than any other large SUV other than the Range Rover. Everything is well thought out. The exterior is handsome, especially the gigantic chrome grill and chrome roof racks. These trucks are rare enough to continually look fresh, unlike say an X5. At 5000 mile it is still solid, rattle-free, and a joy to drive. I don't think there is a better large SUV out there at any price.

Best full size
By Mike on 02/02/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love it. Has everything, sound system, bluetooth (connects and disconnects when needed, tried other manufacturers' systems, not happy), voice control, best rear view camera that displays image in milliseconds and has lines and noise alarm, anyone can park safely. Also great when rearing with a boat trailer. Engine has so much trust. Cannot drive without intelligent cruise control anymore. Luxurious, comfortable and roomy. It is like flying first class.

QX56 4x4 Excellent Full Size SUV
By Jay Zar of Calif. on 11/08/08 12:48 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent full size SUV for a medium to large family that needs space and the ability to haul or tow weight. We pack a lot when we travel. We have been on icy roads, full snow storms, up to 1 foot of snowed in driveways, mud, dirt, rain... you name, we have done it with a load of 2 adults, 3 medium to large dogs, and one child. This car outperforms Ford Expeditions, GMC Yukon, Chevy Tahoe's, and others in the areas of braking, handling and overall feel. With a full load, of around 800 lbs, we average about 15.2 mpg. Just in town around 14.5 and mostly freeway with no load around 16.5 going about 70 mph. Our 2007 Acura MDX with a full load averaged only 14.5 mpg. We use regular fuel 87.

The Best Large SUV
By Happy QX56 Owner on 10/23/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second QX56, the first being a 2005. I can not say enough on how great this vehicle is. Neither of my trucks has ever had a issue. The dealership provides free oil changes ever 3,500 and is a pleasure to deal with. The QX56 has just about everything a large, luxury SUV should have. So quiet, so powerful, yet nimble given its size.

Love this car
By Love this car on 09/25/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2008 Infiniti over the summer and have had a few months to drive it. I love it. We looked at EVERY SUV in this category and for the comfort, technology and price nothing can compete with it. I feel like I am in a living room with every option available to me. The third row is a dream to use and to sit in. The 1st/2nd row has a ton of room. I love that the navigation can be used while driving because it is a voice navigation. The voice also understands me! It is really an amazing vehicle.